Thread: Food Court: Seating Area
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2023, 11:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post
Peering into her cup of tea, watched as the sugar cube she’d dropped in slowly dissolved. tiny inch by tiny inch until only a peek of white was left. only then, did she drop in the other. stretching her neck left, then right, Aslan looked at the young man as if he had appeared suddenly, as if she had not opened the conversation herself. He was younger than her, with slightly downturned eyes and a smile that had a ruefulness to it. despite his handsomeness, he had the air of someone unused to others.

aslan was not unused to other people. she just moved at her own pace. spoke in her own way. and it never seemed to align. Waving a hand over her tea, the silver spoon stirred. “I wouldn’t insult you.” she wouldn’t insult anyone. If she disliked someone she ignored them.

it had not yet clicked that he had been joking. aslan sipped her tea, both hands wrapped around the mug so the warmth could ground her. Dark eyes surveying him. aslan had only learned small talk in their latest years- it had not come easily but work made it necessary occasionally- this was small talk. She eased back into her chair, and into the conversation. “My child. They were up all night sick, so i was up all night with them.” and it was not doing her any favors.

and then it clicked. “you were joking earlier.” right.
Cal nodded in understanding. Despite having not lived with Elsa and Ryan for quite a few years now, he remembered helping her when he'd been younger and had a few rough nights. Poor kid had had ear infections constantly. "That certainly is exhausting. Not that I have kids myself but...nephew," he clarified. Although a startling thought occurred to him that not only was he old enough to have his own kids, he was old enough to have kids who would be starting SCHOOL in a few years. As in HOGWARTS.

BIG yikes.

He blinked, startled out of his thoughts by her sudden statement. Oh. She hadn't picked up on that? He thought for a moment that maybe he hadn't made that clear, but he figured it was more likely that she just hadn't picked up on the humor.

"Oh, yes, it was a joke. I would not expect anyone to randomly start insulting me unless I deserved it," he added with a chuckle. Wait, that was another joke. Would she get that one or would that too fly over her head?

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote