Thread: Moribund's Pub
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2023, 05:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
"I could find somethin' to do with it. They do call me the metal magus." Picking up a piece of the mysterious metal in his ungloved hand, Finn turned it over a few times. [B]"I can give you a fair price, but unless we can prove this is somethin' especially exotic, I can't offer you the premium."
Barty frowned at that--his client had been very specific about what was expected out of this arrangement. And what did this fellow expect, a blasted certificate of authenticity or something? Not for something like this, and Barty was well aware that, other than the obvious unique qualities of this metal, he could not provide any documentation for it. Looking down at the parchment, Barty carefully read it over--well, this was lower than he'd hoped for, but still within (just barely) the range he was tasked with getting. Still...it wouldn't hurt to press, just a little, for a better price.

"Exotic? Well, what sort of 'proof' were you expecting for something like this? It's definitely not exactly common--you can tell that by looking at it. Some sort of silver, it is, you can tell that right away. And look at these flourishes on it!" Barty pointed a finger at the surface of several of the pieces, which were indeed embellished or engraved with a thin, spidery sort of decoration...or had they been runes? It was hard to tell.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote