View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 09:59 PM   #47 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Ash's eyes sparkled as she had a thought. She always had thoughts- a million of them- but this one made it all the way to the front of her mind, which is what she meant when she said she had a thought. "If I try and get as much done as I can, then I'll be able to do more things I want later with the rest of my time." She said it quite sincerely, and Evan could expect her to act on about ten whims by the end of the day so she'd have space for more tomorrow. "Honestly, some days I am too tired to get anything done. So I might as well get a lot of things done when I can! But of course, I should still slow down sometimes before I burn out or manage to annoy everyone." Slowing down was hard. But sometimes she had to! And sometimes other people convinced her to. "How do you... take things slowly so often?" She was impressed by Evan's calmness and patience at things and she'd like to learn from it. Or paint it, at least. If it was possible to paint calmness and patience. She bet it was. She bet she could.

She nodded as she listened, quietly understanding what Evan meant. "Having pets makes me feel useful, just having something to take care of. And Scar always knows when I'm upset. She sits on my chest and lets me pet her. It's very good for sleeping." Or at least relaxing. She could always use more of that. "I can't guarantee that Padme and Scar will get along, but I don't know anyone or anything Scar hasn't been able to get along with. So I'd love for you to bring her over and we can introduce them." Maybe they'd be best friends like Ash and Evan were. She wished very intensely.

"Evan!" Ash gasped, making heart eyes at his tattoo. "It's lovely." Not to make her boyfriend jealous, but she had several other loves and one of them was tattoos. Permanent art on the body was incredible, no notes. "I think your vision is great." She really did. Also, she wanted to enable him to get that sleeve.

"I guess we're both having big family changes," Ash said, only realizing after the fact that that could be interpreted in several different ways. "New twins and a wife! Congratulations to your cousin." Evan had a big big family, and yet she hadn't met a Nam she didn't like. "Yes, my middle brother is now a first year Hufflepuff. And from what I've heard, he's having a lot smoother of a time than I did. I think he kind of needed to get away from home, you know? He's never been without his family before, but I think it's just what he needs." She smiled, relaxing more as she talked about him. "I've been told that he's doing just fine and has loads of friends." It made a weight lift off her chest, just knowing that. "I also may have asked some Hufflepuffs to look out for him..."

"That is technically very true. Just remember you'll not be able to do more later if you burn yourself out and just... get tired of doing things too early." Or was that just something he with his limited social battery experienced? But at the same time, he was also very much here for Ash getting to accomplish all the things she wanted from life - even if that meant 10 or even 15 whims a day. But as she continued talking it, it was clear she would be fine and there was no reason for him to worry about her. The question of how he took things slow though took him by surprise and honestly... he didn't have an answer. "I... don't know. It's never a conscious decision. But it's like, when I have a thought - I have to analyze it every way from Sunday before I do anything with it. Sometimes it means I miss opportunities." Particularly when it came to his own feelings - he'd certainly messed a few things up there, but it was of no consequence now.

Pets feeling of use did make sense too, especially with even more so now Evan was responsible for more than himself in the real world. Even if that 'more than' was just his cat. A cat suited him well, though. She always had - and perhaps cats just always would be his thing. He had a hard time seeing himself with any more immediate family than that. "I can't guarantee either from Pads side, but I think it would be fun to try. If not, I can lock her up somewhere because I'm sure she'd be the one on bad behavior." A prickly pear that one was.

He smiled a genuine smile at her excitement, looking at his arm again as well and admiring it. He was very happy with the way it turned out, and was fairly certain he would continue to be as he kept adding to it. "Thank you. Working on this gives me more sense of purpose in my travels too." Which was just something he needed, as silly as that seemed.

He was not one to jump to conclusions, yet that didn't stop an eyebrow raising at her question. He didn't push though, figuring she would share IF she wanted and WHEN she was comfortable. "Thank you, I'll pass that on." Perhaps he should introduce her to Chin-hae then, though he wasn't as bad as Evan liked to make him out, which even he didn't think he was. "Well... that's good to hear, especially that Hogwarts is less crazy than our first few terms." Fingers crossed there was never a recreation of those years. "Your boyfriend is a Hufflepuff too, isn't he?" That had to be helpful at least.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is online now   Reply With Quote