View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 08:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Huh? Did Khanna just say she was onto something?! Desiree blinked, pleasantly surprised by the professor’s praise. She half-expected to be way off the mark! She didn’t know much about DADA, but she did know her spells! Tucking that idea into the back of her mind for now, she listened to the instructions. They had to bring their bags to the front? Hmm, not where she thought this was going, but she’d bite.

All along, Desiree thought the activity was going to be taking turns feeding cucumbers to the kappa in the tank - Gherkin, as one of her classmates (Mercer) named him. She wondered why they needed to drop off their bags for that, but she obeyed anyway. Her blue eyes widened in amazement as Khanna wandlessly transformed the furniture into fake kappas. Wow, that was so cool! So much for feeding cucumbers then…

Desiree wasn’t sure whether the fake kappas were more or less scary than the real one, but she was glad Professor Khanna was around if she needed help. Knowing her, she probably would! She approached the nearest replica, already formulating a plan: create a distraction, then try to drain the water from the kappa’s head. Turning slightly to one side, so as to hide her wand while still keeping an eye on the kappa, she tucked the cucumber into the pocket of her robes. “Geminio,” she whispered, casting a duplication charm on the cucumber.

Tucking away the real cucumber as a failsafe, Desiree set the fake one on the floor in front of the replica, watching its reaction. Hopefully it would take the bait and bend down to pick up the fake cucumber…

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...