View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 06:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

It really was peculiar that a cucumber was enough of a distraction for the creature to keep it from attacking, like... Why? Vegetables, even for someone who was opposed to eating them, was pretty non-threatening. And a cucumber could even be kind of a delicious snack. Or at least a really good natural way of flavoring ones water. Which according to her books also had health properties but that was not the point for today's lesson.

Listening to the instructions, she decided immediately to go with the magical way (it was unlikely she'd ever have a knife on her person, but a wand for sure!). Grabbing a cucumber, she practiced saying "scry-bear" a few times to make sure she had decent enough pronunciation before she got distracted enough to ask a quick quick. "Professor Khanna?You said you use your full name to make sure you're the one being protected, but would the cucumber work to protect multiple people? Like... If I just put 'Thanatos' does that mean my family would be in the clear too if we were all together?" Or perhaps it was one person per veggie.

She decided to start with her last name regardless of the answer. And maaaaaybe she'd add Vera, if she felt the need. "Scribere!" She said softly, using her wand to then write out Thanatos carefully into the green food.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start