View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 06:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

SPOILER!!: Ash<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

Ash nodded at Evan's words, hoping he was right. "Sometimes I forget that I have my whole life ahead of me. Sometimes I feel like I have to do everything I've ever wanted to do immediately, right now, and today. But I suppose that's not how it works, and doing that would also be impossible." She smiled. It was a little amusing, when she took a step back and observed herself. What was she in such a rush for? Maybe she was just trying to keep up with the speed of her thoughts.

"Yes, I took him home, and his name is Hat Bunny. Because... I'm sure you understand. I thought I could use another pet for company, you know? I've been feeling like I need company recently, and having a pet to just sit with me and be there is very therapeutic." Scar purring while sitting on her chest often helped her fall asleep, and Hat Bunny was a good companion when she needed to think. He never reacted to her ideas, rational or irrational. He just sat there and was very soft. She even enjoyed the presence of Maggie, no matter how unpleasant the Eagle owl got. Her pets were very beneficial. "Scar is a sweetheart to everyone, including other cats. She's very calm, and very perceptive. Why?"

Ash really did look healthier. She'd put lots more effort into her appearance too, and overall she just had a... happier aura. It was nice to feel so good. "You got more tattoos too! What are they?" Could she see any of them? Evan must have known that the topic of tattoos made Ash very excited. She loved tattoos. "It's always nice to spend time with siblings. Especially if you have a large age gap and haven't met in a while." That was something that she very much understood.

He was optimistic that he was right this time around. He had a good track record of being accurate too, so he would add that as weight to his observation there would be a good deal of life left for Ash. But at the same time, he also could see benefits to her way of thinking. He took a sip of his drink as he contemplated his words before speaking. "Not to sound contradictory, but even with a full life ahead - I don't think it's a bad idea to live in the now and do the things you want because you never know if something will stand in your way later." And even if someone was optimistic of a long life to live, accidents happened.

"Pets are the best company and so long as you have adequate space for their needs, I don't think there is anything as too many." Whether it be hat bunnies, owls or cats or even a mix of all or other critters. "I can understand the therapeutic. I think I only started to get over my trauma when my parents let me get Padme." His familiar's existence had helped a lot, between her curling up in bed to keep him company or pawing him awake during night mares. Or even just the necessity of forcing him to explore more of the castle so that she could get her exercise. He might not have moved on from things ever if it hadn't been for her. "If I came over for a bit, I was wondering if you and she would mind if i brought Pads along too. I think she's missing the company of other cats, now that she can't see Ned as often." Ned being Jude's cat.

At the question of what were they, Evan rolled up his sleeve to show his forearm where he now had a geometric shape filled with a monochromatic forest, words scrawled underneath it saying Nature is not a place to visit, it is home. "I have this vision of a full arm sleeve eventually, with different aspects of nature and the world and some quotes scattered throughout." Was it basic? Probably, but it made him happy and he could get different ones through his travels over the next year. "It was definitely really nice to see him. I think I'll try to see some of my cousins too sometime soon, though one is in the States with his wife and the other has new twins and a wife." The Spenley's certainly had a lot of new changes. Cora he saw plenty of given how often he now communicated with Aziel. "Speaking of siblings, your brother started this term didn't he? Have you heard how it's going for him?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote