View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 02:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Smiling outwardly, though it was mostly from self amusement, she shifted her attention again from the shelves and to her friend. "I find travel to be one of my favorite parts of my profession and, when you think about it and strip everything down to the very essence of things, what you and I do is quite similar as professions of creation. As a cursebreaker, you look for extraordinary artefacts for the benefit of wizarding kind and help record history...I look for textiles and designs for self expression and create histories." It may be a stretch and a bit too abstract for Septimus to completely follow, but it made perfect sense to Candela in her mind. "What region of languages were on it?" she asked, interest clearly tickled as an admirer of such things. "I remember studying Nahuatl script and Aztec codices at Castelobruxo. I tended to get too distracted by the shapes and colors to ever retain anything though, much to the frustration of my professors. Like on the Codex Mendoza, there is this gorgeous blue on its first page...the page that depicts the founding of Tenochtitlan...a blue that was like...if you could pluck the blue from a cloudless blue summer sky and mix it with the color of the water surrounding Praia do Sancho...you could perhaps hope to get close to the color there." Pausing a moment to laugh, mostly at herself since she was willfully getting herself distracted from the main topic, she patted her flushed cheek with one hand and shook her head before looking back to Septimus. "Anyway, we were celebrating your new footings not my infatuation with color palettes on ancient artefacts."

Oh no, quite the contrary. She could read very well that he was a more subdued and quiet person - but also one who seemed to take more kindly to gentle teasing about it than others she knew. Though she also knew that she could be rather overbearing at times, even if her heart was truly in the right place. "How about this then," she said quite decidedly while spinning once in place and clasping her hands together. "Let me treat you to drinks sometime? Or dessert or a light meal or whatever you are comfortable with as a little celebration for your promotion in life. On said occasion, as another small gift...I can present you with some work shirt options. Just some new staples to your wardrobe that you can also dress up or down depending on the occasion." And she was going to find him at least one shirt with a print!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 02-03-2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: listen...the bolding of text that shouldn't be bolded was going to drive me nuts XD
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote