Thread: Second Floor: Arcade Area
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Phoenix! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Phoenix still found it weird that most of the professors addressed students by mister or miss whatever their last name was. It always felt so formal and impersonal to him, like stuffy colleagues at a business meeting. But he also thought it would be rude and pointless to ever say as much so he simply accepted it. Maybe it would be a good topic for him to bring up for the next Debate Club meeting.

He nodded slightly as the professor mentioned his own student days. "Is it all the same when you were here or have some things changed?" He imagined some things must have changed as it had probably been a while since he was a student, but maybe not. Phoenix didn't have any real reason to think that they just changed things around every few years or so. There wasn't all that much different since he had started himself a couple years ago, besides a new professor or two every year so far.

Phoenix glanced up at the pack of cards the professor held in his hands. "Oh, no, I was just coming in for some practice. I wasn't really meeting anyone." And he was willing to play with whomever was in here. Sometimes he found a willing partner. "Sure, we could play something. I was going to practice gobstones, but we could play exploding snap, if you'd rather." Phoenix was pretty decent with both of those and it could be interesting to see just how good of a competitor the professor was. Or maybe he could even teach Phoenix a thing or do.

Dhruv found it weird too. They had actually debated about calling the Hogwartians by their first name or by ‘Master/Miss’ plus their surname. In the end, the latter won but they’d still be willing to make the switch to the former should a student ask. Though not their first time teaching, their University students, naturally, had been older and Dhruv hadn’t referred to them by any titles {expect perhaps when the man got exasperated over a piece of homework}.

“Oh, a few things have changed but it’s all for the better.” Many things were still old fashioned around here but well, that was just Hogwarts’ heritage, was it not? Dhruv snapped out of the moment of deep reminiscing. There would be plenty of time for that later! “It’s been a while since I’ve played that, and I can’t think of a better time to take a refresher course.” Their attention went to the marble-like objects. “There are a few variations of the game, I believe. Which is the easiest?” The beginner’s lever if you will, please, Phoenix.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺