Thread: Indoor Seating
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 01:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Third Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Heath(e best Dracula)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Heath smiled, pleased to see that his Dracula impression got a laugh from Ash. Her laugh and the mention of his jacket made it impossible not to laugh along with her. “Thanks!” he replied. “I wear a cape in the show, but this was the best I could do with what I have.” Cue another dramatic jacket twirl. As for his lines… “Most of my lines are sung. It’s Dracula: the musical. Want to hear a sample?” He was already contemplating which song to sing… preferably one without romantic or violent undertones! The problem was that all of his songs had one or the other.

“Absolutely!” Heath replied to Ash’s question with an emphatic nod. He didn’t have to think twice about it; he knew she could handle what life threw her way. “You’ve got this! You’re strong enough to overcome any setbacks that come your way,” He wouldn’t lie to her, especially not about something like that!

His mind was buzzing in a million different directions as he listened. He wasn’t sure he liked the sound of those connections. While he was relieved to hear that they weren’t part of anything criminal, but the fact that they were willing to use Ash for anything sounded a lot like extortion to him. And what would happen if she didn’t win for them? There had to be another way to get her what she wanted! She mentioned writing. Maybe his dad could help her with that. “If you think that’s the best way to go about it, then I’m happy for you,” he said. Despite his concerns, he wasn’t going to tell her what to do. “What’s your nonprofit? And what kind of writing do you wnat to do?” He had allll the questions!

The more Heath talked about Dracula, the more Ash smiled. "Yes! Please sing me something!" She loved music, and she'd never ever heard any Dracula: The Musical songs. Now she had her heart set on hearing him sing it. Heath always had a way of cheering her up- whether it was talking about Dracula or reassuring her that he believed in her. She smiled.

"It's about the only way to go about it, short of asking my dad." Which obviously wouldn't work. She chewed her lip. "It's not great, honestly. I don't like knowing that they don't really care about my ideas at all, and just want more power for themselves. But hey." The smile returned. "Tt's nothing personal." Ash hated when things were personal, like it had always been with her dad. She preferred this. "I've always wanted to write a memoir, but I don't think I can do that until I'm... old and almost dead. So for now I guess I could write essays about different things I want to advocate for." Ash loved writing and art. She couldn't live without it, whether people liked her writing and art or not. So far, they seemed to. It was nice. "Um..." Ash hesitated at the question about her nonprofit idea. "It's going to be helping families like mine get better before they end up like mine," she answered vaguely, tugging on her bracelets. She didn't want to discuss it too much in public, where everyone could hear. "I want to address 2 or 3 issues contained within that. I'd love to tell you more about it later. Maybe at my house." She lit up. "You should see my apartment! Claudine should also see my apartment. It was too bad you couldn't attend my housewarming party."

Ooh. Speaking of Claudine... "How's Canada? Are you and Claudine living your best lives?"
astrocat is offline   Reply With Quote