View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 03:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: These two are too cute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Well, if she was going to melt and die than he certainly would have been glad he had not said it. Unless she was actually a phoenix and could resurrect herself, which considering all the things... that seemed plausible. Evan didn't particularly think he was anyone exceedingly kind, or special, but by now everyone knew he did not hold himself in that type of a regard. But he knew that the people who cared about him, and whom he most cared about did, and that was really all that mattered. At least, to him. "I think not doing it based on a mirror and from old photos is even more special. If you think about it, a mirror just reflects what you look like in that moment, and what you feel looking at yourself. But a photo? That shows what you look like to someone else, and that's an even more special series of artwork." If she wanted his knut on the subject. "I would love to, anytime." An art studio sounded fun and he would be curious to see how she had changed her space. He was also very open for spending as much time with her too before he was out on the water. "That sounds fun to me. And I don't mind animals." Particularly not cats, though he imagined Padme would think him coming back smelling like another was the ultimate act of betrayal.

He was very pleased to hear she was putting herself first. He often worried about Ash and the fact that she seemed to prioritize others over herself, which while admirable was... not exactly healthy. Bubble baths, journaling and cooking... 8 hours a night! That was all very healthy and he loved that for her. "I'm glad to hear you're doing all that. Merlin knows you could have afforded to be able to sleep more." He grinned at her, taking a sip of his drink. "I'm proud of you. For doing all that."

Considering the amount of times Ash had 'melted into a puddle and died' around Evan before, she probably WAS immortal. "Mirror self portraits are interesting too, because you can get who you are in the moment when pictures give you... something else. Your picture face. Only obviously I can only use one of those methods. You're right, there are lots of fun things about using pictures." Although it bothered her that she was confined in such a way, and she would have loved to make a self portrait from a mirror if the circumstances were different. "Whenever I want to capture my current emotion, I just make up what I think it would look like on my face," she admitted. "So I'd like to have a huge reference photo album of me making different expressions, so I can pick the right one. But I keep forgetting to take them when I'm feeling something strong!" She shook her head ruefully. "Maybe next time."

Ash brightened at the idea of having him over. She loved having guests. Especially ones that she liked. She just knew he'd love the place and he'd understand why she put up with so many rules from her father when she first moved in. And she could play him piano! And show him the balcony! And the couch! She was looking forward to it. "You'll love my cat. She's the sweetest. And my owl won't attack you. And my rabbit is pretty chill but I think it might be because she used to be a hat."

Yes, yes. Ash was being healthy! It turned out that the combination of Dustin yelling at her and her boyfriend asking gently made Ash a lot better at self-care. And it made her feel very nice. Most of the tiredness and sickness she'd been dealing with were caused by lack of food, lack of sleep, lack of fresh air, and other things that happened when she wasn't taking care of herself. But now she was. And she felt sooo much better. Of course, Ash's standards for being healthy and happy were different from other people's, and she had a long way to go. But she was happy by Ash standards! The happiest she'd ever been(seriously)! "Sleeping potions work wonders," Ash admitted. "I don't sleep all that great on my own but with a potion I can sleep all night and I don't toss and turn or anything. Getting more exercise and activity in my day also helps me sleep. And Minjae bought me a big pillow and a weighted blanket for my birthday. Eating also helps. And bubble baths." Ash paused, thinking. "When I do some things right for myself, other right things happen on their own." She smiled as she ate, loving to hear that someone was proud of her. People seemed to say it a lot now, which was a new thing for her. She'd waited forever and ever for someone to be proud of her but now it was like she had collected interest on all the times she should have heard it as a kid. "What about you, Evan? Are you taking good care of yourself?"
astrocat is online now   Reply With Quote