Thread: Memorial Garden
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 12:17 AM   #18 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
"Hm?" Stopping mid-pace, Damian turned on his heels to face away from Jane, before falling back onto the bench next to her. Leaning in, he pored over the notebook. "Conley would love to have you in International Cooperation with contacts like these."
Jane gave a small smile. She rather doubted that Conley would want the sort of contacts she had--misanthropic alchemists and eccentric sorcerors and cranky wood-wives and the rest--but they did provide useful information on things that sometimes went under the radar elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
Gears were turning, but he couldn't see the full shape of the machinations taking place behind the scenes. "So, it's not just us." It was hard to tell if Damian was relieved or disappointed. "Is this some sort of corporate play? Is somebody trying to make some coin, or is this something more sinister? Cui bono?"
"I don't know," Jane replied thoughtfully. "I just got curious after that incident at the floos and thought I'd look into it. But it does seem curious, doesn't it? I've long thought it was probably a mistake to rely on just one source for something so many rely on. At any rate," she continued, flipping shut her notebook and tucking it away in her reticule, "if doesn't hurt to be alert and aware, does it?" After the past few years at the Ministry, Jane was not inclined to just pass over strange incidents, no matter how minor they appeared at the time.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote