Thread: Indoor Seating
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 01:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"Yes, please. I love ice cream." She hesitated. "I can get my own... You really don't need to pay for it." She should have paid for his, or- or- they both should have paid for their own or... any possible combination that didn't involve him spending his probably hard-earned money on her. There appeared to be only two of those combinations, but she tried to think of some more.

Ash grinned as Heath brought up his acting. For some reason, that was one of her favorite things about him. "Does that mean you get to be Dracula? Who are you playing?" She'd be impressed if he got to be Dracula. But she'd be impressed no matter who he played. She thought he was the best and should get to be in everything (she was biased). "I am... better. I don't go to university and I don't have a proper job but I do have my own place and I'm working on my future plans with some of my dad's connections." She hesitated, not sure that she was accurately explaining her situation. So she pulled some things out of her bag: a picture of her painting happily, a picture of her and her boyfriend, a picture of her and her friends, and a big newspaper article talking about her dad and the... situation. "It's been a busy couple of months... but I'm doing okay. Promise."
Heath was hardly surprised to hear that Ash wanted ice cream. Who didn’t love ice cream?! He was moderately surprised by her hesitation. If she wanted Ice cream, why did-? Ohh. Understanding dawned in his eyes, and he smiled slightly. “That works too,” he replied. He could respect Ash’s wish to pay for herself - she reminded him of Claudine in that way - but he wouldn’t be a good friend if he didn’t at least offer!

As the subject turned to his latest acting project, he gave a dramatic twirl of his jacket and put on an exaggerated Transylvanian accent as he replied, “I am Dracula.” Not that he planned to ever use that accent onstage; his version of Dracula was meant to be tragic, not over-the-top comedic. The voice was just an attempt to make Ash laugh. Returning to his normal voice, he added with a chuckle, “I think the director only cast me because he thought I look the part!” He was joking, of course. He worked hard to earn that role!

Hearing Ash’s plans had him smiling again. “Sounds like you’re off to a great start,” he said. Probably better than he was when he left Hogwarts. “I hope those future plans involve art!” Ash was a great artist! Heath’s dark eyes scanned the photos laid out, but his face fell as he read the newspaper article. “Please tell me the connections you’re working with aren’t involved in any of this,” he said quietly. He looked at her with concern, but he would take her word for it when she said she was okay. “If you ever need anything, you can always come to Claudine and me. We’ll figure something out.”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote