Thread: Indoor Seating
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2023, 05:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash was better. As better as she could be, considering she was Ash and she was rarely better at anything when it came to her personal life. But she actually was sort of better. Since the summer, her life had calmed down a bit, and she wasn't worried about her safety or her apartment or things like that. Instead, she was worried about getting support for her business idea, and the upcoming trial, and what she was going to do all day now that she was an adult (so far, it was getting adopted by about 500 friends' families, and painting, and divination, and therapy, and reading). Also, she saw her stepmother and half-brother every week and usually it went fine (except for the time Charlie had pulled her hair and she yelled at him and then felt bad because he was 4). So... she was better. Mostly.

She was late again, though she'd warned Heath(big bro) that she was in the habit of being late to things. She was only a little late, and from the appearance of her dress and jacket and hair she certainly seemed to have been rushing. She smiled as soon as she saw him-- Ash really had a lovely smile, when she was wearing it. "Heath!" She slipped into the seat across from him. "I see you've already gotten your ice cream. That's good. I didn't keep you waiting too long, did I? I tried my best to be on time but somehow I am never on time and it's frustrating." All this tumbled out of her mouth in one breath, and she was still smiling despite her apologies. She was so excited to see him! "How are you doing?" Yes, she knew that one reason they were meeting was because she was a mess and sort of needed a good listener, but that didn't mean she wasn't allowed to ask after him. He probably hadn't seen the newspaper articles about her family, so it wasn't like there was an elephant in the room. No need to rush. After all, they were catching up. She hadn't seen him in ages, and she'd missed him.
Heath wasn’t worried about Ash being late. Well, maybe that was a poor choice of words. By “not worried”, he meant “not annoyed”. He was mildly concerned that she might be late because something bad happened, but that thought disappeared as soon as he saw her arrive. “Ash! Hi!” He greeted with a huge smile. His dark hair fell into his eyes as she shook his head. “No, not at all. Besides, I have this to pass the time.” He gestured toward his ice cream dish. “Want some? My treat.”

How long had it been since he last saw Ash? Too long. He really needed to come back to London more often, but… school and work. “I’ve been well,” he replied, “just busy with university and work. I’m starring in a production of Dracula later this month.” It was nothing fancy, just a play put on by the school, but it was still fun. “How are you?”

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote