View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 10:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Holmesian Feline

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

SPOILER!!: Nora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Nora's thoughts wandered back to there being a possibility of other muggleborns at the school. It brought about an unexpected happiness and maybe even a calming feeling, too. She still didn't know how she'd discover who was who, though. She could always just look for the others who were just as lost and confused as she would likely be, though.

Oh, wait...wizarding children had birthday parties, too? Again, she wasn't sure exactly what she was expecting of wizarding people. Maybe that they'd be dressed like Merlin and spend their days swishing around a wand and nothing else? Picturing them bowling gave Nora something familiar to hang on to.

She realized she was too lost in thought and that the conversation had steered its way more toward the ice cream parlor. "Oh, yeah, it's a definite stop on my list," she replied. She frowned as she remembered her school supply list. "I better buy some of these things, too, or my mom's not going to be too happy with me." At least the ice cream would give her something to look forward to.

"So what are you looking forward to the most?" she asked. It'd be interesting to hear what someone more familiar with magic thought about the school. "My mom tells me their groups called houses that I'll get sorted into. You know anything about that?" Nora didn't have a preference, because she knew just as much about one house as she did the other. That is to say...nothing.

Good…ice cream always made things better. And Nadia figured it couldn’t hurt someone who might be nervous about her new world like her new friend. She couldn’t help the giggle escape at Nora’s comment about shopping and her mom. “Probably a good thing,” she agreed, reaching for a telescope from the shelf nearby identical to the one already in her basket and handed it to the other girl. “This is as good a place to start since Astronomy is required for the first few years.”

What was she most looking forward to? That was kind of a loaded question, at least in Nadia’s case, but she decided to be nice and keep it simple for Nora as not to overwhelm. “Well, I guess what we will be learning about…and hanging out with some magical creatures." Granted there were a fair few on the homestead and she’d interacted with others through Aunt Hads, but there were still plenty others to learn about. “Oh, and having some adventures.” The curious girl needed some new land to explore.

“I do…” she answered with a nod. “There are four houses that students are sorted into in honor of the four founders of Hogwarts; Gryffindor lions, Hufflepuff badgers, Ravenclaw eagles and Slytherin snakes. They are your support and who you team up with to earn points for the House Cup. “ Not to mention where in the castle your dorms were. “My dads were in Gryffindor and Hufflepuff when they were in school. My elder brother is a Ravenclaw.” She herself was hoping for either lions or badgers when she was sorted.