View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 09:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
"Oh, I see... that's alright," He did briefly remember last year, with her mentioning about her mother coming back, "How is she..?" Clearly not well to still be in the hospital, but his question hung off of her progression status. "I... was a bit worried over a change that could've occurred." ... "I'm sorry to hear that.. is there anything I could do?" He asked.
Violet paused a minute, because she still wasn't really sure what was going on with her mother and didn't want to talk too much to anyone--even Caes--until she was. But she'd felt she had to mention something of it, or Caes would think she had just moved on and was ignoring him. She decided to fall back on Slytherin vagueness when faced with uncomfortable questions. "Well, she's--she's better. I guess. But her memory of the last several hears is...fuzzy, and I'm still not really sure what happened, yet. It's certainly not what I'd imagined finding my long-lost mother would be like in my childhood dreams, that's for sure." Violet took refuge in a long look into her coffee. She wasn't really being fair, being so evasive, because now she wanted Caes to come out and talk to her honestly.

"I just wanted to see you, to explain things...a little, and just--well, I've missed seeing you all this time." Violet looked up at him, a little surprised that this was so very true. She'd been so preoccupied with her family the past year that she hadn't really taken stock of her own feelings. "And to see if you...if you still wanted to see me. I mean, it's been a long time and I'd understand it if you didn't, but I just wondered...." <long pause> "I'd certainly still like to see more of you." Violet delivered this last looking Caes straight between the eyes. Because she was tired of all the convoluted, subtle wordplay that passed for personal discussion among Slytherins, especially among her complicated family, and she had decided to try just being open about things. Because she wanted to find out where she stood and didn't have the emotional energy left to spend in beating around the bush. Even if she did wind up scaring Caes off (because of course, he was a Slytherin, too).

Last edited by MadAlice; 12-30-2022 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
MadAlice is online now   Reply With Quote