View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 04:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Charely Potter
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet flushed guiltily. Oh yes, she'd received his letters all right, but she'd been a slacker about answering them--which was unusual for her. But this past year had been so strange and hectic. "Oh--yes, yes I did. Thank you for writing so often. I'm sorry about being so slow to answer sometimes, it's just...this year has been such a strain." And now Violet felt what might be an actual tear trying to creep into her eye and sternly willed it to just stay where it was. "I don't know if you remember me trying to talk to you at the closing feast the year I left..." was that just one year ago? it seemed longer "...My mother was in hospital a lot of the year and I've been...well, I've been spending a lot of time there with her. I guess I just let everything go, sort of. I haven't even been able to keep up with my writing very well." Well, she'd written a lot, sitting in the hospital, but it was just bits of scenes and character sketches--it was like she couldn't focus on cobbling together any sort of narrative or plot any more.

"Thanks," Caes said, he had been nervous leading up to the tryouts and miraculously winning the spot. He usually kept his quidditch skills on the low or brief mentions out of his occasional insecurity on failing expectations.

Perhaps it was Caes own turn to feel a bit flushed. Mostly of relief, to hear that the lack of letter response wasn't a case of bad luck or purposeful ignoring. Well, not intentionally. "Oh, I see... that's alright," He did briefly remember last year, with her mentioning about her mother coming back, "How is she..?" Clearly not well to still be in the hospital, but his question hung off of her progression status. "I... was a bit worried over a change that could've occurred." More or less. That was disheartening to know her passion of writing also took a hit from the events. Caes could see she was holding something back, it made him feel a bit guilty over not knowing the right thing to say as he searched her eyes for a hint on it. "I'm sorry to hear that.. is there anything I could do?" He asked.

Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote