Thread: Memorial Garden
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 09:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tapio DeVries
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Jane smiled back at her colleague, who was still quite cordial despite having been held hostage by merpeople last year, at least partly because of her actions--though since she'd been under the influence of a magical object at the time, it could hardly be considered her fault. Still, a less generous person might have held a grudge.

"Nothing particular going on," she began, though that was not strictly the truth. "I just wanted to get out of the Death Chamber, out of the Ministry for a while. Working on the Black Phase of alchemy tends to be very claustrophobic. And depressing." And she'd had to embark on these particular experiments--how many times was it now? First her work had been ruined because she'd gotten bitten by a vampire, and another time it was--what? Some new disaster or emergency. And most recently, that blasted magical trident, which Airey Flamsteed would thrust right into her hand, even as she was in the process of warning him it might be dangerous. Of course, he had been under its magical influence already, so was no more to blame than she had been later.

"Maybe this year I'll actually finish this experiment, unless something else gets loose in the Ministry," she remarked wryly to Damian, who at least knew enough to take weird events seriously. "I just thought we should talk. You know, after last year." She looked over at Damian to see what, if anything, he might care to share with her, or whether he had anything he needed to say to her about it all. Having it all out in the open was much better than both of them walking around on eggshells forever and pretending that nothing had happened.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote