Thread: SS: Lost In Translation
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

She was fairly certain she surprised people more often than anyone let on. There had been many people who assumed she'd go into communications, or psychology based on how much Advi geniunely enjoyed talking to people, how empathetic she could be. But while she liked people, she liked the history of them even more. All aspects, too. The portions that could make you smile due to the knowledge gained, and those that could make you cry as well as every culture had it's tragedies. It seemed that when she focused more on the latter, that was when people really thought her the most out of the ordinary. It didn't bother her though. "That's a positive way to look at it. That it's just different. Thank you." For some strange reason, she found she did care in this moment and was pleased to find that he did not find her odd. She really wasn't doing a very good job of this distancing thing was she? She laughed at his remark, in full agreement there really was too little time. "Which is why we just have to make the most of the time we do have. Thank you for inviting me to this today. This is a good place to continue our journey for knowledge."

She couldn't argue with him about her childhood either. She'd been well loved and cared for, and she'd had opportunities that others could only dream about. Even as a child, she knew there was much to be grateful for. It was hard to not be happy when one had that knowledge. "I did. What were you like as a kid?" She asked in return, before listening as he explained where his interests had come from. It was straightforward, but that didn't mean it wasn't special. "I think anytime you can find what you really want from your life is special. It sounds like you also figured it out early. We really were lucky, weren't we?"

She was not very well versed in memes, but even without seeing it the idea was enough to resonant with her. She giggled, giving a small shake of her head. "I haven't, but whoever created that sounds like my type of person." There was quite a collection of people here today as well, but at least it didn't seem... too terribly unbearable. He really was too sweet, offering to go and find her interests first. She smiled a bit brighter at him before giving a small shake of her head. "Let's do it as we come across them." Glancing between the two directions, she inclined her head towards the one with a little less humans. "Should we go the path less traveled?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is online now   Reply With Quote