View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 04:10 PM   #42 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Jericho :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"More a ranch, actually," he correctly gently. It was really a simple nuance between the two but a distinguishable one and he would not wish to insult those who dedicated their lives to the harvest by prancing around any further in his own slip up. "I foster a variety of animals in my spare time. Poppy among them. Only the non-magical variety, Creatures and Cwtches Sanctuary is the place to visit for magical creatures, and offer some animal-assisted therapy." Cow hugging being his personal favorite and his preferred way to start his mornings. Particularly before tournaments.

Jericho smiled warmly, quite amused and tickled by the way conversation was unraveling. "You meet many who do then?" He had to admit that he had never come across anyone else who shared this particular interest in drinks. June tended to dislike the sharp aroma of clove whenever he had the opportunity to make and serve one to her. His pupils even less enchanted with it. He did enjoy eating a couple of cloves a day with or without his beverage accompaniment regardless. "You have a sister? How darling." Jericho had neither living family nor a significant other, but there were too many other blessings to consider himself lonely. "I am indeed. Used to stress the house elves entirely too much with my dietary restrictions while at Hogwarts. Bless their floppy ears and hearts of servitude."

Truthfully, Noah wasn't sure of what the difference between a farm and a ranch was, but he pretended as though he was. He was pretty trained by now to always act like he knew exactly what was going on, and try to figure it out over the course of the conversation. He nodded along, listening carefully. "Animal-assisted therapy sounds cool..." He had therapy, and he had a dog, but he didn't have them together. "So what kind of animals do you foster?" Was it just pigs? Now that would be pretty interesting.

Noah knew more about coffee than ranches and he was pleased that the conversation went in that direction next. "Well," he admitted, scratching at his arms, "Making coffee at a cafe is my job. One of them. I also work at a bakery. And I also make drinks. And I also make and sell potions on the side. And I also go to school." He had wayyy too many things to do and wayyy too few hours in the day to do them. "So I know a lot about lots of different drinks." Actually he knew about a lot of things. If something could be mixed from different ingredients, there was a good chance Noah could figure it out.

"Yes, my sister is who I'm going to see. She's all the way in Wiltshire, but I always visit because she's little and I'm sort of her family." Her WHOLE family! It was his responsibility to see her often. Plus, the staff at Stemp House seemed to like him, and they liked his drinks even better. He was constantly stopping by with coffee for them and gifts for his favorite Phoebe.

"You can't have been the only vegan at Hogwarts, though. And lots of people have dietary restrictions. Personally, I'm terribly allergic to seafood. The house elves were quite good at dealing with anything that came up." He paused, hesitating a moment. "I used to spend a lot of time around house elves in my seventh year." He'd needed somewhere without other humans around, and he'd needed to feel useful. The house elves were really kind, and he had nothing but nice things to say about them.
astrocat is online now   Reply With Quote