View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 08:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default They've been here, their rper is just slow! xD
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Norman had followed the group from the courtyard, bringing up the rear as silently as possible. He didn’t know why. All that jingling courtesy of the headmaster was bound to draw attention to them, so there was really no point in trying to be quiet.

His bluish-green eyes darted from the path ahead to the little group gathered, then to the forest on either side of the path. All in all, he was pretty confident in this little venture. Compared to what he’d faced in his Auror days and in his first term teaching here under Lucien Rosier, this was nothing! And on the off chance something did go wrong, they had a pretty good professor to student ratio. Still, he wasn’t about to let his guard down, lest something come at them from the back or side and ambush them.

An idea occurred to him. If he and the other professors spread out along the path, they could cover the students from all angles. Kazmi had already taken the front, so that left the two sides and back. Following the headmaster’s example, he lit his wand and moved to the left side of the group, illuminating that side of the path. He looked to Escalante and Devries. “Care to cover the other side and back?” he asked, jerking his head toward the right side, then the rear.

Desiree didn’t need to be told to be on her best behavior. That was why she chose this group instead of the potion one! She followed along obediently and silently, not daring to speak in case her voice betrayed how scared she really was. A slight flush rose to her cheeks at the mention of concerning gifts. Knowing that statement was directed at her, she nodded. She would certainly tell a professor if she felt a teddy rat transformation coming on, but for now all she felt ws butterflies. Not Jude’s butterflies, the butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling that came with nervousness!

She had no problem staying on the path, but what if she transformed out here? Would her wombat form feel the same way? The thought of ruining the mission to find the book or worse, getting someone hurt trying to protect her had her even more scared than ever! “If I do transform out here, use whatever spells you need to keep me from wandering off,” she said in a small but determined voice. “And will someone please grab my wand if that happens?”

Although Desiree was scared, she refused to remain a beast for all time! Whatever happens to me, it’ll be worth it to get everyone back to normal, she told herself to calm her nerves. Having so many professors - and not the one who gave her false hope of handling this herself - here helped. Oh, and Jude and Evan too! She wasn’t sure what lie ahead, but she trusted the Sphinx and whatever else was in here more than she trusted Peeves!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...