Thread: Mirror
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2022, 12:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
SilverTiger

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
He returned her smile. It was nice to have a student genuinely enthralled with his class. Often times, he looked out into the classroom and found a sea of sleeping faces but there would always be a handful of bright beacons that were actively staying up with his lecture. Cailyn was one of those rare individuals.

"Transfiguration.. ah NEWTs.. I remember that NEWT. What other classes are you taking for NEWTS? History of Magic naturally." He had spent hours studying in both his fifth and seventh years. Fortunately there had been a group of them that studied together but finding a nice nook that you could go solo-study in was also something important that Simon had discovered.

Simon let out a loud sigh, thinking of the Poltergeist more. Unbeknowst to him was that the Poltergeist was in this very room. If he had known, he would have made some sort of joke that he was a Peeves-magnet... a troublemaker magnet of some sorts... He had glanced at the Mirror momentarily before glancing back at Miss Cooke. That was when he saw the book that she was holding start to emit this glowing..?

"Miss Cooke.. I've never seen a book glow like that... Or are those your hands? Do you... feel alright?" Concern washed across his face.

After seven years, Cailyn was well aware that most people did not share her love for History of Magic. History in general, really, but it was Hogwarts, after all. And there was the slightest curiosity in that they didn’t study the subject as often in Muggle Studies. There were obvious parallels, but it wasn’t the Muggle Studies professor in front of her. And well above her, given her position on the ground. Another thing she was used to, though: people towering over her. Margaret was her bestie and dormmate, after all.

“Was it particularly difficult?”, she found herself asking, merely because Professor Holden had said he remembered it, not that she expected an answer. Rhetorical questions. Besides, it was NEWTs. The difficulty was right there in the name. “Naturally”, she added with another grin. “The usual subjects. Everything but astronomy and divination”. Since she may have failed those OWLs, or at least gotten a P in them. Which he probably knew.

And then there was the poltergeist situation. She would’ve been lying to herself if she’d said she had expected her head of house not to notice the glow. As if she needed another thing to worry about. “Honestly, it’s Hogwarts? I wouldn’t be surprised if there were glowing books in the library, but no. It’s not the book”. Sigh. “I feel okay?” Kind of like a human flashlight, but physically she felt fine.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero