View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 01:58 AM   #19 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
Luther looked at the cup of hot chocolate and the marshmallows. A memory from a summer night with Leo caused a faint warmness to course through him. However, a longing for home and Leo overcame the warmness. With a bittersweet smile as the remnant of the memory, Luther said "It definitely does taste better." and then continued "I have heard of this tool you mentioned, pensieve. I was hoping maybe my family had one in Gringotts. However, I didn't have time to claim the vault. Also, I was not sure how... real it would feel, you know, viewing the memories in the pensieve."
Simon noticed the smile he wore before he spoke again. He took a sip of his hot chocolate as he listened to Luther. He did smile at the agreement that the marshmallows tasted better. It was a brief moment of lightness added in.

Oh? It seemed as if Mr Starriver was very well read for his age. Consider him impressed. This spoke to the boy‘s ambition and thirst for knowledge to solve issues. He respected the self-drive. It was one he related too.

I understand that.” Viewing those memories in a pensive could feel authentic or completely fake potentially. He had never experienced it personally so he couldn’t speak on the matter. “I’m not sure either… I’m not sure how genuine it’d feel or if it’d be like the Muggle virtual reality…” he explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Sulking ever so slightly, Hooper walked in and was in the process of taking a seat, as per the Professors request when he was offered a drink. Stopping, Hooper turned and froze for a moment. “Uhh…why? I thought this was a detention Professor?” He didn’t have to wait long for an answer to his question however.

As the Professor explained, Hooper’s eyes narrowed for a moment as he listened. He wasn’t aware that the Professor had caught what he’d said to Remy and he wasn’t best pleased that he had. Besides, she deserved it! Sighing, he took a seat and looked away as he started talking, “Why am I the only one here Professor? I don’t think that’s very fair. I mean, okay, I’m sorry I turned up late…and that I disrupted your lesson…and that I couldn’t focus because I was a chicken…but like, it’s haaaaaaard when you’ve got feathers everywhere his voice trying to emphasise that having feathers everywhere wasn’t pleasant. He really was doing his best to not sound rude and to explain how he was feeling. Whether or not he was successful was another story.

“Remy made fun of me and I didn’t think it was very nice so I was just repaying the favour. She’s just being mean to me because of what happened in the Great Hall. I was tapping the table, minding my own business and she didn’t like it and started shouting at me.” Taking a pause to catch his breath, Hooper launched back into his story. “Arden stuck up for me and Remy didn’t like that. That’s why she was being mean to the both of us when we were chickens today! Just because I was tapping!” TOTALLY ACCURATE STORY!

Arms crossed, Hooper slumped in his chair a little and began tapping his foot automatically, such was his inability to sit still for any small amount of time. “She shouldn’t be able to make fun of me for something I can’t stop…”
Simon sighed at Hopper’s question before he realized he had never told the boy that this wasn’t detention. Well. Oops?

Then the list of complaints came in about how unfair this was. Understandably so Hooper was upset. Merlin, he reminded him of his kids when something didn’t go their way. “Now how I address the situation with Miss Gaeltheos is personal to her. Like how I address this situation with you and how I’ll address this situation with Miss Torros. Accountability is privy to the individual but there will be fair accountability,” explained Simon. He knew it was not the answer Hooper wanted but it was the only answer in Simon’s mind.

His facial expressions softened when he heard Hooper’s side of the story and how it all stemmed from the Start of Term feast. He’d mention this issue to Leanne so that she’d watch out for it. He remained quiet and heard him out until the end. He did note the boy’s foot tapping but did wonder if there was more stuff there. It wasn’t like Miss Gaeltheos to be mean right off that bat. She was usually quite pleasant. “I’m genuinely sorry that that happened to you.” Kids were mean at times. And if you had a tick, sometimes they weren’t understanding of it. “I will speak to Healer Macini about this. Is there anything else that happened? Nothing that you or Miss Toros said?