View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 07:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Freyr
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luther Apollo Starriver
Gryffindor
Second Year
Astrophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Ah so he had looked into Lockheart already? Simon nodded stiffly as his thoughts ran amuck. So many things he longed to say. How young had Luther started his search?

Luther’s next sentences gave Simon great alarm and concern. His heart dropped to his gut when the boy shared something incredibly personal. The pursuit of knowledge for a loved one and answers was something he could relate to greatly. “I did not know, Mr Starriver,” he spoke softly. “I am sorry for pressing you. I assumed incorrectly.. If you’d like, I have some hot chocolate or tea if you want to talk more on the matter.” He had lost his own mother physically at the age of eighteen but mentally when he was eight.

Simon wouldn’t press however. It wasn’t his place too. He just hated seeing a student upset.
Luther stopped. A million different voices were arguing in his head. Some were about how he needed someone to talk to other than Leo. Some were saying he shouldn't waste any more time with others. Some were saying Professor might be a valuable source of information. All of these different voices visibly overwhelmed Luther.

After taking a deep breath, Luther untied the ribbon in his hair and started playing with it. Another deep breath. Then he turned to Professor Holden and asked, with a voice weaker than he wanted to sound, "I... May I have a cup of hot chocolate, Professor, if that's alright?" He went and sat down in one of the chairs facing the Professor's desk.

His eyes fixed on the ribbon flowing between his fingers, Luther spoke "My parents... Umm, I don't remember much as I said. But... they were researchers. Well, my mom was a theoretician and dad was a potioneer, according to Leo. That's my house-elf but he is like a big brother. I don't have a brother but I guess it would be like this if I had one." Luther stopped he was getting sidetracked. After another deep breath, he continued "And they were experimenting one day when I was at school. Leo says he felt the explosion. A wave of wild magic washed over the house. They were in their laboratory. They always told me not to go inside without at least one of them. I still haven't set a foot in that room, you know. And I... I have photos and portraits of them but it is not the same. I want to remember them. I want to be able to hear them again. That's why I need to find a way to remember things better." His eyes never left the ribbon while speaking. When he felt like there was nothing he could add, he looked at Professor Holden. However, his hands never stopped playing with the ribbon.