View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 01:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyr View Post
Luther listened to the Professor intently. Remembering things would help always after all. However, Professor gave the answer he was accepting. While consistent studying habits sounded useful indeed, it would not grant an 'advantage', per se. Also, he had to learn how to recall things better. The voices of his parents were slipping out of his mind's grasp. This stoked the inquisitive fire in Luther. On the other hand, the books mentioned Lockhart and Jorkins, so Luther was sufficiently cowed not to pursue this goal without the aid of an expert.

Thinking for a minute, Luther spoke "Yes, I read about Lockhart and Jorkins. Actually, their story was what made me stop doing research on my own and decide to talk to someone. I am glad I did, thank you, sir, I will see Healer Mancini as soon as possible."

After deliberating on whether to reveal his recent plight, he decided to trust Professor. "You see, Professor, History of Magic was not my only reason. Well, I do have problems with remembering the years and events but that was not all of it. My parents... they have... passed away when I was almost 6. And I... I sometimes cannot remember their voices. Sometimes even their... their faces are blurred. So I have to learn how to recall stuff better." The words escaped Luther's lips leaving an unpleasant aftertaste.

While talking, Luther carefully avoided Professor's face. As soon as he finished talking, he regretted it. This was his problem, he shouldn't have bothered Holden with it. He cleared his throat and turned towards the door "So, yes, thank you, Professor. Have a nice day."
Ah so he had looked into Lockheart already? Simon nodded stiffly as his thoughts ran amuck. So many things he longed to say. How young had Luther started his search?

Luther’s next sentences gave Simon great alarm and concern. His heart dropped to his gut when the boy shared something incredibly personal. The pursuit of knowledge for a loved one and answers was something he could relate to greatly. “I did not know, Mr Starriver,” he spoke softly. “I am sorry for pressing you. I assumed incorrectly.. If you’d like, I have some hot chocolate or tea if you want to talk more on the matter.” He had lost his own mother physically at the age of eighteen but mentally when he was eight.

Simon wouldn’t press however. It wasn’t his place too. He just hated seeing a student upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Desiree was pleased that she didn't have to wait long for Professor Holden. Not that she minded waiting much, but she wanted to get these macarons to him while they were still fresh and warm. "Hi, Professor!" She beamed, returning the greeting with an extra princessy wave of her free hand. "I'm fine, thanks. And yourself?"

As she stepped into the room, it occurred to her that this used to be her mother's office. She wondered how different it looked back then. Knowing her mum, probably purple everything! Look at all the cool stuff in here! She glanced about the room with a slightly intrigued expression, her bright blue eyes lingering on the coffee maker for a second. Ooh, her dad used to have one of those in his office waiting area! Did Professor Holden put a coffee bar for the students in his office too?

Part of her was dying to ask, but then she remembered the reason for her visit. "I baked you some macarons, a sort of welcome to Hufflepuff present!" she said, showing the tray of yellow and black cookies. "Can I set them there?" She inclined her head toward a free spot on the desk.
He gave Desiree a wide smile when she greeted him in return. Her smile was infectious. He always found this particular’s attitude positive. “Much recovered after the feast,” he chuckled, opening the door so that Miss Marchand could step into the office. “Peeves got a little too excited, I reckon.

Simon took a few steps back over to his desk and offered Miss Marchand a seat if she wanted to take one. He was interested in hearing her answer and raised both eyebrows when she brought forward a present. A present? For him. Consider him touched! His smile touched his eyes making the ice blue slightly warmer.

Why thank you! That’s very kind of you, Miss Marchand. And yes, you may. Would you like a hot beverage? I have tea and hot cocoa. Perhaps we could have a macaron while we chat?” he offered.

— — —

Simon walked into his office and turned around to see if Mr. Ridley-Rush was still following him. He sighed loudly and headed to his desk momentarily before heading back to the door to see if the young man was following him.

Last edited by Watson; 09-24-2022 at 02:15 AM.