Thread: Hospital Wing
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Mancini made me laugh so much lmao!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
If the healer was being quite frank this sounds like a prank gone wrong. Which she supposed that was what Jude was getting at when he said spell practice. If she was also being honest, technically he did have proper precision to be able to get it to rebound into his eye. And yet she was also confident that was not his desired effect. "Ahhh... the good old rebound effect. Quite the common mishap, actually." Although she wasn't sure that now was a good time for a joke.

Moving swiftly over to her supply cupboard, Leanne first fetched a good old muggle ice pack and handed it to Jude to place over the eye. "Let's ice it for five minutes to numb things over first. And then we'll extract the eyeball." The last part she was just kidding about she wanted to make sure he was cognitively still aware before casting the usual counter-curse. "So what sort of fake eyeball would you like....? I'm thinking a dark-coloured iris, but a lovely shade of blue might be a good contrast..."

Prank?!

Professor Mancini! Surely you knew him better than that? Jude wasn’t the type to do such a thing. Except maybe if it came to Peeves, as Lisa had suggested. But yeah… no. This outcome was not the one the Hufflepuff had imagined, much less wanted. He hated to think of how much he would have flunked his DADA practical if this had occurred during OWLs or if it were to happen during NEWTs. No, nope! He wouldn’t think like that! There were just going to be positive thoughts on his part for NEWTs even if they were more than a year away for him. Mancini’s words gave him more hope. “Then you’ve had experience with this Curse? Is it going to be an easy fix?”

The sixth year took the ice pack, said his thanks to the woman then held it over his afflicted eye. EXTRACT HIS EYEBALL?! Jude STARED at Mancini through his proper eye. WHAAA-? Oh. She was kidding! Right. He knew that! “Ha ha, professor. Okay fine, you got me there for a bit.’’ Here, he actually laughed his quiet laugh. “Sounds perfect! Bright blue, perhaps? It’ll match perfectly with Keighley’s. Hope that won't be too much trouble for you.” Through all the joking, Jude had begun to feel the ice pack taking effect; the eye no longer stung as much.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺