View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 03:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Raj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post

Raj couldn’t help the cringe as she startled, the sixth year feeling even worse about the interruption and surprise. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to surprise you…or bother you.” Not that he had meant to drop his book and she had obviously been distracted by her sketching and her conversation. He probably could have turned away and continued on his path to the common room without her notice without his clumsiness. “Um…okay.” Who was he to judge someone talking to themselves…or the statue? "Thanks," he added, accepting the book back. Could he get them out of this ackwardness that existed between the two housemates.

“You’re quite talented…” Well a compliment was something positive. And it was the truth.

"It's alright. I'm not bothered." But she was surprised. She disliked being surprised... not that it was his fault. He was probably really obvious, and she was just not paying attention. She struggled to pay attention to her surroundings when she was really focused, and that wasn't his fault either. A couple blue and gray flowers started to grow out of a crack in the statue, and she didn't notice that either even though they were right next to her.

"Thanks, I'm working hard on it. Art is my passion," Ash said, half-smiling. She loved it when people complimented her art, because she was confident about it and she didn't feel like they were lying. "I'm Ashley, or Ash, if you didn't know. I don't remember if we've met..." Well. She did remember. But it would take her forever to find that information among the huge amounts of random stuff in her head, and she'd get a headache. 'How long were you standing there for?" Out of curiosity. And the need to know if he'd heard what she was talking to the statue about. A couple more blue flowers started to grow by where her hand touched the floor. She did notice that. Curious, she picked one of them and tucked it in her hair. Yes, it was weird, but weird things happened constantly at Hogwarts.