Thread: Great Hall
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 10:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
DuckyLinJi
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caiden Denholm
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
Gryffindor
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Daniel’s words brought a smile across Lisa’s lips. She liked being needed and liked being helpful. It was nice to feel needed. She shrugged nonchalantly, keeping this secret to herself. “Yeah, no worries. I know you’d help me out too.” She wasn’t entirely sure if he would- she hoped he would return the favour. Lisa shook her head. “Nope, I don’t need it until tomorrow afternoon.

How come?” she asked as she was about to twirl the candy again but was stopped by his hand on top of hers. Huh? Why was he…? She didn’t let her confusion nor surprise show instead she focused on his previous comment. Lisa was intrigued. “Do you believe in fate?

His hands were soft. Odd.

Lisa understood where he was coming from and understood the need to excel. Besides, Evan had outdone the whole family with his scores. How could she ever compete with him? And honestly did she want to compete with him? She remembered he had become a hermit during that year… which was something she didn’t want to do. “Evan got all O’s…. I can never compete with that…” she pouted.
Lisa was right. He would help her whenever she needed it. Which amazed him because he remembered making a vow to himself when he was younger not to get caught up in 'friendships' and other things. He didn't say anything, simply nodded and slipped the notebook inside his bag.

"You mean if I believe that three mythological goddesses are responsible for everything in my life by simply spinning a thread?" he snorted "No, I don't" But there was a hint of hesitation in his voice when he said this. He didn't even notice it himself. Why was she even interested in this anyway? "If there really existed something like 'fate,' then that would suck" he said."Imagine discovering that everything you've done in life was not your own choices and you were never in control of your own life..." the thought scared him a bit.

Evan had received perfect scores on his OWL exams? Daniel jerked his head down to gaze at his friend rather than the clouded sky above them on the ceiling. "Are you serious?" he asked. "I'm not surprised, but I am surprised." Evan was smart. He was definitely one of the brightest students at Hogwarts. But getting every Outstanding grade was a real achievement.

Lisa was mistaken if she thought he was going to encourage her by saying, 'she could do it too!' and that he 'believed in her!' Daniel crossed his arms in front of his chest and nodded his head. "Yes, you can't compete with that"he said, a cheeky grin on his face. "Do you want chocolate bread?" he asked as he pushed the plate towards her. "They're really good"