Thread: Great Hall
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Daniel took the notebook from Lisa's hands and flipped to page twenty-two to confirm that the notes he needed were indeed there. "Honestly, Lisa, you're a lifesaver right now" he replied. "I'll return it, first class, tomorrow. Unless you need it right now?" he asked with a slight tilt of his head.

He raised his eyebrows slightly as he looked at Lisa seated next to him, her chin resting on her palm. "I don't believe in superstitions" he shrugged before reaching out his hand to place it on top of hers, preventing her from twirling the candy. It was irritating him.

"Exactly" He nodded, glad that she accepted his idea. "I want to make certain that my OWL scores are perfect. I understand that earning all Outstandings is difficult, but I will not accept anything less than an E" even an A was still a passing grade.
Daniel’s words brought a smile across Lisa’s lips. She liked being needed and liked being helpful. It was nice to feel needed. She shrugged nonchalantly, keeping this secret to herself. “Yeah, no worries. I know you’d help me out too.” She wasn’t entirely sure if he would- she hoped he would return the favour. Lisa shook her head. “Nope, I don’t need it until tomorrow afternoon.

How come?” she asked as she was about to twirl the candy again but was stopped by his hand on top of hers. Huh? Why was he…? She didn’t let her confusion nor surprise show instead she focused on his previous comment. Lisa was intrigued. “Do you believe in fate?

His hands were soft. Odd.

Lisa understood where he was coming from and understood the need to excel. Besides, Evan had outdone the whole family with his scores. How could she ever compete with him? And honestly did she want to compete with him? She remembered he had become a hermit during that year… which was something she didn’t want to do. “Evan got all O’s…. I can never compete with that…” she pouted.