Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 03:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: Benjee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Well...those words certainly brought another smirk to his face, having zero doubts that she would make good on that promise. The moment shifted quite easily from something heated to more tender as their mutual attention went back to the necklace. His own favorite star being much different but no less applicable here. "We could find it again tonight, later," he suggested softly as they swayed. "Think I saw something set up closer to the lake with a clear view of the sky." He paused a moment, leaning back a bit as his smirk widened. "And by we...I mean see how much you remember from the last time I helped you locate it."

He was enjoying himself, remarkably, and it may even sway him to be inclined to give university parties a go once he got there. Just a couple of examinations next month and then another set the following year from home and he would be there.

Pulling her back to him, his hand slipping along her side and to the small of her back once again, he smirked just a little more and wiggled his brows at her. "Let's just say I am full of surprises." And that was also about it for his back pocket and dance moves, unless somehow basic lifts got involved here...but he did not see that becoming relevant. "I plan on it ... though I do want to suggest that you spare a dance with my little cousin. He is pretty nervous about his first big school shindig and dancing with the most beautiful girl here would really give him a big boost." Phoenix was hardly a quivering flutterby bush, but everything was a first and he had been both eager and anxious throughout the term while he found his footing - it was a logical assumption. He had to turn his head significantly to spot the photo booth, since it was on the side of his bad eye, but he gave an exaggerated sigh as he did. "May as well while we're here. Something for our lockers when we become professionals."

And despite her first few offers, fools the lot of them, he knew she was going to get exactly what she had been hoping for. Autumn had worked too long and too hard up until now for anything less.

Holding her close, Benjee dipped his head to leave a little kiss at the base of her neck and took a moment to consider whether or not he felt...weird about there only being a month left. It was a jarring reminder that there were still a handful of people he wanted to let know of his...plans. "Suppose I find it more weird that we aren't just going home tomorrow...and still have exams coming up," he chuckled. "These sorts of events feel so...final."
Her arms still around him, Autumn turned slightly at mention of the lake, trying to see the area that Benjee mentioned from where they slow danced. "I would like that. It looks very cozy over there too." Once they had their fill of the dance floor, she certainly wouldn't mind getting cozy by the lake and do a little star-gazing. Of course, finding it herself might be a little tricky. She was certain to need his help. "Maybe if you had been my teacher I would have stuck with Astronomy," she added with a slight smirk, settling back against him. It wasn't a subject that came as easy for her as others or one she had much interest in until pretty recently.

She was enjoying herself too, though she knew she would. She liked Benjee's company, of course, and she had a way of making social events fun. She was even sure that there were plenty of eyes on them, as there should be. They made a stunning couple. Autumn wasn't paying all that much attention to the crowd but she did see that Violet had finally gotten there with her own boyfriend. She made a mental note to let her know that her dress was lovely, but later. Her attention was on Benjee right now.

"Oh, sure, I can save a dance for him and totally make his night." And be the envy of all his little first year friends. "Though I do tower over him a bit..." She paused to think about that, being fairly tall herself. "He's cute though. I bet you were just like him when you were a first year." She didn't really know Benjee back then to know for sure, but she could imagine. His exaggerated sigh drew her attention back to him and she reached one of her hands to the side of his face, her fingers gently tracing down his jawline. "Don't you want a picture of the two of us? I think it will be relatively painless," she added with the hint of an amused smirk. Sure, when they were pros. Don't remind her of the blow to her normally unshakeable confidence, not that she was going to speak of it. "I have something better in mind for your locker, actually."

Autumn chuckled too. "You're right. This dance does make it feel like the end of the term." People were going to feel checked out of classes for the summer already, and she still had to sit NEWTs. And Benjee would be taking a few with her as well. "Any last minute things you want to do here before we go?" They only had a limited time to fit any of that in. And she still had a couple things left.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line