Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 03:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

SPOILER!!: Benjee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Benjee Marchbanks enjoyed being the center of attention selectively. Championing a gobstones match and holding interviews with the press? Absolutely. He drank all that up and looked forward to every summer season and mentorship because of it. The majority of his Hogwarts years had felt like a certain scrutinizing spotlight that he did not much care for and why he was still very selective with the company with which he kept. It was a harsh line...but it had been an essential one. Most stares prior to Autumn had been a source of insecurity, particularly because of his eye and the insecurities he projected on to things. Riding himself of the eye patch had been the first step...and tonight, while he did not want to be in the ruddy middle of the dance floor, he was certainly not shying away from any attention considering the choice of white attire.

So...middle of the dance floor it was. Usually he only did his dancing in the Great Hall.

"If we must," he groaned in pseudo reluctance, not really all that miserable about attending the dance as some may have thought. He was mostly indifferent to the whole thing, though now that he was here he did find that he liked the atmosphere much better than any shindig any of his peers had thrown over the years. One arm around her wait, his other hand moved to adjust a certain star pendant around her neck since the clasp had come back around front. Smirking just a little at that kiss, he traced his fingers along her shoulder and then down her side to join his other hand at the small of her back as they...danced. It was more like swaying, he supposed, as opposed to dancing...which he actually knew a tiny bit about thanks to being Karleigh's spotter from time to time. Swaying wasn't so hard. "It's not so torturous being here," he replied with an almost playful sigh. "I may even be so inclined to dance with you a lot," he teased while attempting to dip into that very limited dance arsenal of his as he pivoted back from her and attempted to spin her. "We have the rest of the night to do whatever."

His eye did look around for a certain Little Shadow with who he owed a dance to...and also his little cousin, Phoenix. Phoenix would likely not mind a dance with his girlfriend and it would be convenient for himself.
Autumn gave Benjee a sweet smile as he agreed to a dance. And even though his words might have sounded reluctant to the casual observer, she knew he couldn't possibly mind having her arms wrapped around him to take a spin around the dance floor. And she was pretty sure he had a hard time saying no to her. "I promise I'll make it worth your while. I think you might even have a good time," she teased gently. And then pausing a moment to allow him to fix her necklace, her fingers briefly touched the star. "My favorite." It was the perfect compliment to her dress.

Perhaps it was more swaying than dancing, technically, but that was not something Autumn was too fussed about. They were moving to the beat of the music with their arms around each other; that worked for her. "See, I knew you'd enjoy yourself," she smiled wider when he basically admitted as much. And he was there with her, so how could he possibly not have a good time?

She was pleasantly surprised as he moved to spin her, and she took that spin under his arm without missing a beat before pulling her arms around his shoulders again. "Oooh Benjee, pulling out the hot dance moves. Where were you hiding that one?" And here he was pretending that dancing wasn't his thing. "You can have as many dances with me as you want. But yes there are also plenty of other things to do too, since we have all night." She leaned in to whisper something, her eyes catching sight of the photo booths past them over his shoulder. "Oh, we should get our picture taken as a memento of the night."

Autumn pulled her arms tighter around his neck and leaned her head against his shoulder. "Hard to believe we only have about a month left here." Not that she was sad to leave, it was just a little surreal to think about. Something that she wasn't thinking about though - the two more letters that she had gotten in the past week that she still hadn't opened and hadn't yet mentioned. They were stuffed under her mattress to worry about another day.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line