Thread: Battlements
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2022, 12:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Jasper frowned at her disbelief. "Yeah, you do," he nudged her gently with his elbow so as not to scare her. "You haven't noticed?" This astounded Jas, tbh. He wasn't even observant and he picked up on it. Lisa was popular and not without reason. If anything, Jasper thought she ought to own it. "And I'm glad I make you smile, but this isn't about me." He offered her a knowing grin. He saw that attempt to flip the script, Lees.

Unlike Lisa though, Jasper took the compliments in stride. Not in a cocky way, but an appreciative one. "Emerson confidence is a whole thing." A casual, but ever-present thing. His mum's whole side of the family had it. Jasper, his mum, his sister, their cousins. Everyone. It was basically genetic. He smiled as he squeezed her hands.

Still holding her hands, he only let go at the suggestion of creating a handshake. They'd need their hands to do that. "Sure, I'm down! Have any ideas?"
Had she noticed? Welllll.. She mulled over his question in her mind and thought of a few people who seemed happy to be around here. There was Jasper, Serena, Atlas, Remy, Sammy, Ash, and even Daniel who seemed to enjoy her company. Haven and others too. "I guess... I never thought of it I caused that..." she admitted truthfully but now that he said it and she had mulled it over, she believed him. Maybe she ought to throw a party to see if the hypothesis was accurate though? She chuckled, glancing down at their hands as she shook her head. Glancing up at him, she smiled. "You saw through my Jedi mind trick, Jas."

Lisa nodded. She observed how Jasper navigated the compliment so differently from her. He wasn't arrogant - he was merely appreciative and let it roll. Interesting. "Yeah? Seems like a super power I need to learn." She was confident but there were moments that she doubted herself. As a child, she had been very headstrong and confident but as she progressed through puberty, she found herself having these inner thoughts that gave her pause. "I mean... I used to be confident. I used to have lightsaber fights with my siblings and make decrees how things were supposed to be... but I think... wanting to be like everyone else.. I started not to feel confident. Like my eyes.. I don't really like my eyes. They're different. They're not like V or Serena's who have beautiful coloured eyes. Mine are.. boring." She could hear Stewie tutting in her mind right now and proclaiming that her eyes were beautiful. And she knew that Misa had told her to embrace her eyes but at moments, Lisa had her doubts. "I'm confident that I am smart. It's just the other things." She stared at their hands. "Wow. Sorry.. that was a whole... lot of rambling that I never do. I guess... I just feel really comfortable with you."

The talk of secret handshakes brought her spirits up even as he let go of her hands. "Umm.. How about fireworks yeah? Something like... fist bump.." she spoke as she did the action. "To I don't know what next... But there has to be fireworks somewhere in there." She smiled. "What do you think?"