Thread: Ministry: Underwater Gala
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 12:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
littledhampir

DoM
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alissa Rhodes
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
Default Hello my boy is obsessed with anyone speaking French
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

Indigo was actually pretty excited. An underwater gala sounded cool as heck. You know, if you ignored the nagging anxieties about their protective bubble of air breaking and flooding the place with water, drowning them all. But that was unlikely. Probably. Like definitely less than 50% chance. Anyway, he wasn't thinking about that. He was thinking that it was cool to be where few humans could say they had been. And about the free food, of course.

Indigo had stuck pretty much to himself on the ride down to the party. He only had so much social battery and he wasn't going to waste it on what was essentially a taxi ride when he had a whole party ahead of him. Indigo being Indigo was by definition socially anxious, and was never going to be completely at ease in an environment with a lot of people. He hung around the edges when they first arrived, getting his bearings and trying to mentally hype himself up before he attempted to join the crowd. But as he did, he happened to catch a snippet of a conversation from a couple of people near him. He didn't even hear what they were saying as much as he noticed they were speaking in French. That was the second essential part of the definition of Indigo. Socially anxious and loved people who spoke French. He took a few steps closer to them.

"Bonjour," he greeted with a small smile. "Sorry, I don't mean to eavesdrop, but I happened to hear you speak French and, well, I can never resist saying hello to anyone in England who speaks French."