Thread: Ministry: Underwater Gala
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 02:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
CruppieMom89
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll

Default Vale

It was strange to be in London, to hear English, if Vale hadn't been here as often, then Elian had been here even less. He had lived here, worked here, but that felt like a different lifetime, even a different person's lifetime. And perhaps that was true, Elian was a very different man than he had been the night he'd happened upon Vale in that pub, and if anyone had asked him, he would have told him that his most real life had started that same night.

Figuring out what to wear had been a challenge in and of itself. Unlike most of the events he attended with his husband, the gala wasn't black tie. Vale had also insisted he not wear any variation of blue or green (which was 90% of Elian's dress clothes), even vetoing a a dark purple suit that he insisted had too much blue in it. As he stepped into the event space, he suddenly understood why. Had Elian dressed in any of those colors, he would have blended right into the background. In the end, they'd gone with a monochromatic look of a lighter silvery suit with a darker grey shirt and matching tie that blended into his shirt. Underneath it all was the amulet he wore anytime he was around more than a handful of people. The coordinating pin had been reformed and incorporated into Vale's wedding ring so he would always have it.

Elian touched the spot where the amulet laid against his chest, cool metal against his skin, a nervous tick that had developed since they'd had it made years ago. He turned toward his husband now, though, and gave him a bright smile, his eyes somehow even bluer in the underwater cavern. {"I promise,"} he assured him in his now fluent French. They'd agreed to only speak French at home for Caspian's sake, wanting it to be his first language, and speaking English would just confuse him. When he wasn't nearby, though, or they had guests, Elian usually slipped back to English. {"My swimming has improved but I doubt I could make it to the surface from the bottom of the ocean."}

He gave Vale a short kiss and then let Vale led the way in further, his hand pressing against the small of Elian's back, guiding him gently.

It's a million things about you, and I don't know what it is. I have never known a love like this.