Thread: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2022, 12:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
It was straining her neck to lean back for too long, so Karleigh sat up a little and just turned to look at Evan, now that there was a lull in the drifting clouds. "Maybe you could show me sometime," she suggested with a smile, meaning this Pokemon stuff. If he had any of the merchandise, that is. It sounded pretty interesting.

She nodded in agreement as her smile turned wistful. The freedom of summer was nice. Sometimes she wished that summer never had to end. The sixteen year old thought for a moment of all the things she did - minus that one unfortunate incident that she banished to the back of her mind. "Oh sure, I had plenty of fun," she answered truthfully. "I danced a lot. I started at a new studio this year and it was pretty cool. I did a competition and also got a part in Cinderella." That was the summer ballet put on for the public this summer. "And my parents let me take some winged horse riding lessons finally this year." She'd been wanting to do that for a long time. "So it was pretty busy," she added with a laugh. And busy meant she could ignore hurt feelings for the most part.

And it sounded like Evan had a fairly busy summer too. Karleigh listened as he told her of a few things he did as well. "Spending time with friends and family is really important," she nodded, feeling that true of herself as well. "Is your brother older?" Or at least she got the impression that he didn't go to Hogwarts from how he worded things. But she didn't really know his family. And the thought made her miss Darren since he'd graduated last year and this would be the first year without her older cousin.
With the sky suddenly looking clearer, Evan moved himself to a seated position as well, noticing the sun had the air feeling warmer than he had expected and pushing up the sleeves of his jumper a bit in order to compensate for that. He'd picked a good day to come hang out by the lake. The shining sun had created an almost ethereal look to the top of the water, disturbed only by the occasional bug trying to land on the surface. The ripples created after that were rather fun to watch as well, now that the winds had quieted and there was no point to staring up at the sky any longer. Evan thought back to long ago when Ingrid mentioned patterns being some of the most interesting things to draw, and for a moment he found himself agreeing with her. Turning his attention to Karleigh again, his head tilted. "You'd be interested in seeing them?" It was just a silly muggle franchise. But he knew there was an older Ravenclaw who was obsessed and had packs of cards still with him. He could probably ask to borrow.

Ah, so Karleigh was a dancer as well then, and actress? Evan briefly wondered if love of the arts was something all the sixth year Gryffindor girls seemed to have in common, but he refrained from asking. If his sister's had taught him anything, it was showing any interest in mentioning a female it seemed to cause miscommunication on his own personal feelings about that person. "That sounds like fun. What genre of dance do you usually do?" It occurred to him than it might not have been acting she meant so much as a part dancing. "Is dance something you're hoping to pursue after school?" It was a question he found himself asking a lot now, probably in an effort to look for ideas since he still had next to none. "Horse riding sounds like a lot of fun. Did you enjoy it?"

Friends and family was important, but he probably should have spread it out more amongst them all. He tended to forget how big his extended family was, until it was start of term and he realized how little time he got with so many of them. "It is. Next summer is already busy with the same. My cousin proposed to his girlfriend this past summer so next it'll be their wedding." He was a little bit looking forward to it, he generally liked all the time he got to spend in Korea. Just... hopefully this engagement actually stuck for Chin-hae unlike the last. The thought of Noah had a bit of a smile, as he nodded his head and turned towards her. "Yeah, he actually used to be in your house when he was still here. He graduated..." He had to think now, when had Noah been gone? "End of second year." Was it weird Evan still missed having him here? Despite having been a student at Hogwarts longer without Noah than with.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start