View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 01:39 AM   #35 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Vi! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet was a bit startled by the sudden change in Aria's behavior, but also experienced a strange sense of satisfaction. There! She knew the younger Slytherin couldn't possibly be that cheery and upbeat all the time. Though she picked a strange time to get defensive. Apparently she was sensitive about her brother for some reason that Violet couldn't fathom. If Aria was going to be that possessive of him, Caes would have a hard time of it. But since they were going to be all open and everything..."I didn't ask you along only to talk about Caes, I wanted to try to find out how it was you manage to always be so cheerful and confident all the time. Like you just expect that eveyone will like you. I thought that maybe if you had a large family, that might be what gives you that. That's all." Violet paused a minute, debating on whether or not she wanted to go on and give Aria that much power over her, then thought, who cares, anyway. "Because I've never felt that way, that secure around other people and I...I just wondered how you do it." There, there it was.

Who could be cheerful all the time? Like… no one??? None of her Hogwarts friends and acquaintances saw her freaking out over the last summer, trying to get some clothing designs completed on time. She had definitely NOT been cheerful then. And she certainly wasn’t that cheerful now. Her mood had just gone POOF, in a ball of smoke and flames because of Violet.

Though…

It did surprise her big time to hear Violet say she didn’t only want to talk about Caes. Aria twisted the silver ring on her right index finger as she surveyed the remaining daisies in the ground. How many more should she harvest? Two? Three? Not to mention she wanted one for herself. No real reason other than she wanted it. Maybe she’d stick it between the pages of a book to preserve it. “I don’t expect anyone to like me. I know I can be blunt or sarcastic with everyone I meet and that’s just because I’m usually honest.” One more daisy was added to her bucket. “I don’t have a huge family. My fathers always do their best for me and I love them for that. Grateful even, that they adopted me. Other than that, there’s the usual members of an extended family and a few close family-friends. And now Caes.” Whom Violet was trying to steal. The next daisy she harvested, Aria discreetly stowed it in a pocket. Deciding that Hernandez would have enough daisy roots {since other students were bound to harvest some as well}, the fifth year climbed to her feet. As she dusted off her clothing, her calculating gaze rested upon Violet.

This definitely was the mother of all surprises.

Aria had learnt, especially since interning at the fashion studio, that confidence was something that came and went. One minute you were one hundred percent sure about what you were doing, and the next, you were questioning all your life’s choices. Because of this, she understood her Housemate. “It’s a choice. I hate being mopey so I choose to be bubbly. I suppose the confidence comes from within you and from the people who care for you. For instance, my fathers have always been supportive of me. When they found out I had a knack for designing and artistic stuff, they encouraged me to get into that field.” Aria grinned. “My drawings at first were TERRIBLE but they never belittled me about it. Just gave me pointers on where to improve and nice words.” She grabbed her bucket. “Sometimes all you need is ONE person to believe in you. Come on. Let’s head for the Lake.”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺