View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 02:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

SPOILER!!: Vera & Professor H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post

Vera made her way to stand next to the other first year, Maria."I bet the forest has TONS of good ingredients. We should definitely go in there. Are those the baskets we're using for gathering?" CAN WE GO NOW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

He had no idea Daniel thought they were doing a lesson - lucky for him they weren't - and he chuckled a little at Maria's question. "No, we're staying out of the forest. Just around the outskirts and the lake," he explained. He didn't want anyone getting any ideas now!

Ashley and Atlas both got nods of welcome as they joined the group - and of course he had no way of knowing Atlas felt he was STRUTTING around with the Slytherin Head of House title. Javier didn't STRUT. He power walked most places, actually. "No, Miss Thanatos, stay OUT of the forest...but yes, those are the buckets you can use to gather ingredients," he added in regards to her second question. This was going to turn into a battle of keeping kids rounded up and away from the forest boundaries, wasn't it?

"Alright everyone! Since it's such a beautiful day out, I thought it would be fun for us to get together to gather potions ingredients around the grounds. I think you'll be interested to find that a lot of the weeds, flowers, and grasses around the grounds are all thing we use commonly in potions. Take dandelions, for example," he said with a grin, pointing to a few that were growing around them.

"I'll be out here and since this isn't a graded activity or anything, you can come drop off your buckets whenever you're done. I'll make a pile for edible and inedible ingredients for you to put your findings in - but don't get any ideas about wandering off!" he added, specifically looking at those who'd asked about the forest. Don't get any ideas, kids! In fact, they didn't even have to actually gather ingredients if they wanted. What was he gonna do, take away house points? Of course not!

One minute Maria had been standing alone while she waited for the potion ingredient hunt to get started, and the next minute another firstie girl had come up beside her. Smiling wide at the other girl in gryffindor robes Vera she beamed enthusiatically "Yes, yes I bet that too. Vera isn't it? I'm Maria, but you can call me Mia. The forest must have lots of interesting weeds, flowers and grasses and possibly some cute creatures too."

Maria was about to lean down to grab a bucket before for the ingredient hunt when Professor Hernandez cut in and made some rules clear for the activity. They were not allowed to go into the forest to look for ingredients. Oh well, that was dissapointing, but understandable she supposed. Turning to Vera again Maria asked "Vera can we be ingredient finding buddies? If we go down to the lake to look for weeds and algae then maybe we can get to see the giant squid."