Thread: Scamander Zoo
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 02:50 AM   #34 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: The boys
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Sachin immediately intertwined his fingers with his husband’s. The simple act always brought comfort to him whether or not he needed it. His gaze followed Radhika too, knowing that they had to keep a sharp eye on her. Her endless vat of energy always kept the two men guessing. It was tiring, it was amusing and it was endearing. Sachin chuckled, tearing his gaze away from the little girl before them for a while. “So you’re going to put all of the blame on me then?” he asked, his tone light and teasing. Yes, Sachin knew the effects he had on Conley when it came to his eyes. Not that he used the fact to his advantage intentionally. “I can picture that,” he continued. “Because what older sister didn’t need a younger brother to keep them in check?” It was sort of like his and Conley's relationship; Sachin was the calm and patient one while Conley got easily worked up.

He turned his head quickly at the sound of Radhi’s squeal followed by hastened footsteps. Why was he not surprised when he fell? Because it happened so many times before that he lost track. That girl was too energetic for her own good. Sachin followed Conley’s lead by not hurrying over to her. He was very supportive of this type of parenting by not fully babying Radhi. Fall, both literal and figurative, were a part of life and it was important that their daughter learnt that it was a must to pick herself back up after experiencing one.

See? He need not worry. Sachin smiled proudly as Radhi got to her feet. Sachin fondly patted her head. He was always amused by the way in which she picked herself up by pushing her butt into the air first. “Good going, love.” Big surprise there when she hurried off again. “Why, Mr. Singh-Phora! What a lovely compliment.” There was a huge smile on his face. “She gets it from both of us,” he clarified, peering down at Levi again. The baby who was just under a year yawned widely but his eyes remained closed. “Reckon he’ll be awake to see any of the creatures?” It always amazed him that babies and toddlers could sleep that much!

”How about one who only had brothers?” he asked to Sachin’s question. Conley had grown up as a middle brother in a family of three and while he didn’t get along with either of his brothers, they had spent a good portion of their childhoods keeping each other from getting big heads or into too much trouble. ”I’m glad she’ll have someone to grow up with. As much as my brothers and I argue, they always had my back.” He had also had Winnie, who, probably more so than his brothers, had always had his interest at heart. It was something Sachin hadn’t grown up with and sometimes Conley wondered if his husband would have ended up differently had he had someone.

Conley leaned into Sachin’s space, mostly because he could and not because he needed to, as he looked down at their son. ”Mmm… I’m sure he’ll wake up at some point. Probably for food, and not the animals.” He laughed. ”Or for a dirty nappy. Who’s turn is it to change him by the way? Yours I think….” It was more likely that it was his turn, but Conley wasn’t above trying to trick Sachin into nappy changes.