Thread: Art Classroom
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 01:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Cooper
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Cooper smiled and chuckled softly, running his hand through his thick brown hair that was having an especially fwoofy kind of day. "Touché," he nodded with a little appreciative nod of the head. He just wished everyone shared that same view as Ashley. "Suppose it would be inconsiderate. I always found art and the creative process to be more enriching when it was shared." He couldn't quite keep a certain flush from tickling at his cheeks a bit as he recalled a certain art museum date and art class from over the summer. "But, in any case, thanks."

Still in a quiet debate, to paint or not to paint, he leaned back a bit on his stool and used his toes to hook behind the little foot rest poles so he could see around the vacant easels and other miscellaneous art supplies and acknowledge the younger Ravenclaw more easily. "Yeah, on this canvas," he chuckled with a nod, amused by her curiosity and really not thinking that what he was doing was all that interesting. "An experiment in creative expression, I suppose." Since there was no photographic element included this time and that was his comfort zone and sweet spot. "I'm just...going to tear them and see where the paper wants to go," he shrugged. It was a part of this whole just going with the flow aesthetic he had been trying to implement in his life. Something that was not exactly going well overall but everything was always a work in progress. "Just debating giving it a color wash first or...leaving it blank."

Maybe color...and for some reason he was feeling a purple base. Super watered down.

"Me?" he asked, glancing back over at her and away from his canvas once again. "Uh...sure...if you want to...I'm not much of a model but...I don't mind." Though there was a bit of a pause that was accompanied by a bit of an arched brow. "If you can do two things at once, I don't mind. Could use an actual artist's perspective on the mess I am sure to make," he added with a laugh. "You know where the bigger brushes are?" he asked while slipping off his stool and moving over towards one of the shelves for a cup and some acrylic paint.

"I don't like being alone anyway." Alone was different than all by herself, of course. And Ash didn't really feel alone right now. But having Cooper there definitely made her feel less alone, and that was good.

Ash truthfully did not understand what he wanted to do. But she was all for creative expression, experimentation, and tearing things up, so she was a fan(purple was a good color too). "I'm not much of a model," Ash said with a touch of sarcasm. "Except for my fwoofy hair, not-meanness, and willingness to be painted." She grinned at him. Ash knew that modesty was important, but you should respect yourself too. Father taught her to respect herself. He did not teach her modesty(experience had). "Sure, I love giving people my opinion." (true.) Even her comfort zone was painting and sketch, not collages.

"The bigger brushes are over there. All the brushes are organized by size, so you're looking for the ones on the right. You should pick one with a red handle." Not for any particular reason, she just felt that 'red' was a good color for a collage brush. She gracefully rose to her feet and perched on a table, wanting a good view for whatever her portrait subject was going to do.