Thread: Stone Bridge
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 01:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Maya! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJenn View Post
He thought it was just dust? Maya frowned at that wondering if maybe it was an eyelash or maybe a rather tiny stone that had found its way into his eye? If it were the latter... that would be quite dangerous. "It's not an inconvenience," she said, if both his eyes were open, he'd probably see that she was confused by his apology. She rested her books on the ledge and reached into her bag for the bottle of water. "At least it's not a chemical. Or glass," she pointed out.

And though blowing on one's eye could potentially solve it... wouldn't it be weirder for her to be blowing on his eyeball?

She loosened the cap and handed over the pale blue bottle to him. "It's been good. Quiet." Which was probably better than what her siblings were all dealing with - feelings. "I haven't really gotten a chance to try anything new. There's been a lot of..." Maya paused as she tried to find the right words to explain why she hadn't done any new origami. "I've been preoccupied. How's the term going for you? Evan mentioned you knew piano, have you been practicing?"

In Jude’s mind, being apologetic was the right thing since he hated to be a bother to anyone. Maya’s thoughtfulness was appreciated though. Truely. “Yes. thankfully. So, I’ll be fine.” It was a reassurance to his friend as much as it was to him. Jude took the bottle with a murmur of thanks then proceeded to tilt his head back so that a light stream of water could be poured onto his eye. His eye immediately felt cooler, the sting fading away. At last, the Hufflepuff righted his head. “Much, much better,” he breathed, swiping at his cheek where excess water had streamed down. “You’re a lifesaver.” He handed back the bottle.

Preoccupied, huh? “I understand. I can also bet that that’s not how you plan to spend your time. Life just comes out and knocks you over sometimes.” Jude nodded knowingly. “Just make sure you take time for yourself.” Jude was not going to probe about what these distractions were because he didn’t want to be intrusive; but he’d always be willing to lend an ear. At the mention of Ev, Jude’s heart skipped a beat and there was a brief moment that pain crossed his face. Forcing it away, he grinned. “I have been with help from my older brother. I think I’ve mastered it now. Stop by at the Music Room one day. You'll most likely find me there playing.” Only then did it occur to him that Ev had been talking about him to Maya. Huh? That was the last thing Jude expected.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺