View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 09:10 PM   #35 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

"Exactly, Mr Anders. Here is as good a place as any." Better than most others, at least. Kamran's preferred locale for rehearsals would always be the Great Hall, but needs must. "No need, Miss Blackthorne, we're rehearsing out here today," he added to the Slytherin, upon her arrival. And then to Mr Nam: "Very well, Mr Nam. I hope you are too." Very much so, very sincere.

Turning to address young Marchand, Kamran was pipped to the post by Toros, which was all well and fine by him. Especially as she seemed to have more toad-related knowledge to hand - specifically the whys and wherefores - than he. "Rest assured, Miss Marchand, the toads are not slimy. Miss Toros has the right of it." Then, to the Gryffindor, "To answer your question, it depends on the toad. When they don't seem to like it, we don't drag them into it."

... Cambridges. Then again, this one was at least not trying to get him fired. Yet. "Not quite what I meant, Mr Cambridge," Kamran said gently, and had the good grace not to go into a detailed explanation now that a gaggle of students was present. "I don't teach at the moment myself." Just had a healthy say in the timetables, and who, if any, had to suffer through remedial lessons after a claim of being bad at magic. Even if it had been in large part for the sake of antagonism. Tsk.

Was that Connolly? Kamran looked around and - Merlin, it was getting crowded, and he was still just a little suspicious one of these was his perp. Alleged perp. Alleged perp of the alleged prank. "Rehearsal first and foremost, Miss Connolly. There may be time to tend to the toads afterwards."

... Oh, for the love of-

"Lips off the amphibians," Kamran said firmly, voice rising slightly above the chattering of the students. Adolescents, dares, and licking or eating or kissing all sorts of ridiculous things - they were all wrapped up in some kind of truth universally acknowledged. It was unlikely he'd ever stop it entirely, but not for want of trying, and some common sense and self-preservation in his presence was a good first step. "They don't appreciate it at all. To reiterate: no kissing the toads." Or each other. As an aside.

Anyway. Time to get this show on the road, and find some order.

"Those of you in the choir, line up in the usual formation." Kamran gestured, as he spoke, to the space just across the corridor from the door and the gramophone. "With a toad if you're willing, but leave any that don't seem up for it. Anyone here not in the choir nor planning on joining, you may stick around, provided you don't cause any disruptions." Kamran wasn't exactly about to shoo them all from the corridor, which was open for anyone to pass through. Hopefully nobody here objected to a little impromptu audience.

"Mr Horton, and anyone else who has yet to audition, I'd like for you to come up and sing a few bars for me while we're all getting situated. Any song you'd like." ... Wait. "Any school-appropriate song." Better.

You are Chocolate!