Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 10:00 PM   #18 (permalink)
Suziella
Gladrags Mod

DMLE
Acromantula

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bramble "Bram" Wyatt Lennox
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Juno Star Darcy Kennedy
Law Enforcement
ThunderPUFF | Whoodley | MRD&LKD | Graphics Queen | Tristalen | Mrs. A | Hunny Bun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchyBubbles View Post
A soft giggle came from Sol's mouth as Bram tugged on her ear, "I've never had anyone compliment my ears before! But they do listen well." She said as she tried to shake off the flush that was attempting to creep its way up her cheeks. It was nice talking to Bram, he understood her. He was one of the few people who actually did. He knew what loss was like.. and though he didn't lose his entire family in one fell swoop like she did.. He did lose some, and his way of life. It was refreshing not to have to hide things and pretend she was fine.. He knew. And she didn't feel so alone with him around.

"Well as incredible as I am." She was very clearly teasing here.. "We Will try to find you more, I can introduce you to a few of my friends..I don't have many either.. after you suffer a hardship, you find most people leave you, cause you are too hard to be around." She tried not to be bitter.. but it leaked through, just a bit.

She felt his hand on hers, and gave him a grateful smile as she squeezed it gently. She didn't have to say anything.. He knew. She closed her eyes and listened to what his home life was like. "It sounds amazing, I can understand the homesickness.." She replied softly as she opened her eyes. "Well, I mean, there is no one there with abandonment issues and runs away from all her problems is there?" She said with a soft laugh as she ran a hand through her hair..

"We could both use a bit of that.. Hope and Healing." She needed some of that in her life now.. Even with her new "parents" she wasn't feeling very hopeful. They were nice.. but.. they were barely older than she was. One more year.. and then she could strike out on her own.

She laughed as he punched the air, her arms crossed over her middle as she tried not to double over.

Though apparently this was turning into a blush party, as he turned red and his next words made her turn red.

"Well, be careful unless you want me falling for you." She said teasingly, as she put a hand on her cheek, it was so warm..

"Merlin, are the cooling charms not working in here or what?"
Bram chuckled at that comment. She had great ears that listened well, and a great mind that understood him and what he was going through. "They definitely do!" He said with a grin.

"Sounds great to me. Anyone that you consider a friend has to be good." Her next statement hit home a little too well. "Yeah, everyone started treating me and my sister differently after my dad...," he sighed and looked down at his hands again. It really sucked losing the people you loved most in the world.

He rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb, still picturing home. He would give anything to be lying in the field by his house looking up at the sky trying to figure out the shapes in the clouds. "It is amazing. I'll have to take you there one day." He said with a small smile. She would totally love it there. He was sure of it. A chuckle escaped his chest at that next comment. "Nope, no one there quite like you. But that's what makes you special." He grinned and gave her a wink.

"Especially the healing. I always have hope...but the healing part has been a little tricky." Healing a broken heart that would never be the same was probably the most difficult thing ever. But he had hope it could be done. Baby steps.

He chuckled at her next comment. He really wanted to tell her he wouldn't mind if she did fall for him, but they both had a lot of things to get through before that could be considered, he was sure. So, for now, Friendship and shameless flirting! Everything else was up to her and what she was ready for.

He laughed even harder at her next comment, "Oh, they are working, we are just really good at making each other blush." He said with a huge grin, and tomato red cheeks.

____________________________________________ I know that you're afraid to...

...let all the dark escape you.