Thread: Lair of Despair
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 01:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Bain Goldwasser
N O T● S O ● M I S S I N G ● P E R S O N
Lobalug

Law Enforcement

The lumos and the solaris spells gave him just enough time to get bearings on how many people were in the room and where each of them were. If the light had been intended to bother him, well, besides making his eyes ache, it didn’t do much. Vampires preferred the dark; sunlight didn't really hurt them, so much as make them cranky. He didn’t care that someone had countered the thunder storm spell, it had mostly been a distraction as he moved closer to the safe room.

While the three bickered, Bain had thrown up a shield charm and had gotten a good look at the room. He now had a better idea of who he was dealing with. Carter and two - who knew what they were, but they certainly weren’t aurors. Aurors and hit wizards wouldn’t be bickering like this. Carter was his primary concern, then it seemed. The incarcerous charm bounced off his shield, weakening it considerably. ”Brachiabindo,” he shot at Carter. He followed that up with a well aimed ”Stupify,” at the other two men.

A rock struck him on the shoulder, momentarily distracting him. Then he heard it. The cracking noise. Fools. All of them. What had they done? He dove into the lair looking rather sprightly despite his 256 years. He rolled and landed on his feet in a crouch, tossing up another shield in case more of the ceiling came down as he took stock of his surroundings. ”You three,” he snarled upon realizing that the entrance was blocked. ”Are complete imbeciles.” And lunch. But that seemed to be obvious at this point.