View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 03:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Norman returned Nam’s smile with a slight, albeit forced, one of his own. As his eyes followed the boy into the room, he caught him looking at the photo facing outward on the desk. He braced for the inevitable question about the woman in the photo that he was sure to follow, but to his surprise, it didn’t happen. Not yet, at least. He blinked, jerked out of his thoughts as the boy spoke. What did he say? He was so distracted by the thought of having to explain what happened to his wife that it took him a moment to register. “Happy holidays to you as well, Mr. Nam,” he replied.

His eyes darted from Nam’s face to the chairs in front of the desk and back. “Do sit down,” he said, motioning toward the chairs. He sat back in his own chair, absentmindedly twirling the silver wedding band on his left ring finger as he waited for the boy to get settled. “What was it you wanted to ask me?” he asked, though he already had a pretty strong suspicion what it was.
To say he wasn't curious about the photo would have been a lie, but frankly Evan so little liked to talk about most things in his life or the people who were there - or had been, as who knew whenever that was the case - it just didn't feel polite to inquire about the photo. So casting one last glance at it, he focused then instead of taking an offered seat.

"Thank you, sir." It was much more awkward now that he'd sat down, because he really did just feel the need to check in. There had been such a difference in the Professor's mood, and while there wasn't anything wrong with that as they were human, it didn't mean they didn't still need someone to care sometime right? "Well, it's really not my business but... you seemed down in the last lesson, so I just wanted to stop by and inquire as to your health, sir. Are you alright?"

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start