View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 04:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

The first student to arrive was Evan Nam and Simon watched him take a red card. “Hello Mister Nam. You can sit next to whoever you want regardes of the coloured card they took,” he advised with a nod as he answered his question. He would still move the class later on but appreciated the Ravenclaw’s love for efficiency. “Students, if you didn’t catch that. Please take a card. Red, white, or blue and take a seat wherever you’d like in the courtroom.

Kinsay James was the next to enter after Evan. He smiled at her as she took a blue card. “Hello Miss James. Good day so far?” he inquired before chuckling at her question. “An excellent question. A historical figure.” He couldn’t reveal who or whom just yet.

He glanced back at the cards and wondered if he should give them a shuffle.

He would have been delighted to know that young Noah Mordaunt thought the spell was exquisitely done. Simon was excessively detailed oriented. He had always been since his days at Hogwarts. Should have seen his notes… they were beautiful and all colour coded. Could have sold his notes back then. He smiled at Noah as he referred to him as His Honour. It certainly had a ring to it. “Mr. Mordaunt, welcome, glad to potentially have you as a member of the jury.” Smart boy. He reminded him of his former classmate who was always just as quick. Merlin. He missed Ethan. Ought to really give him a ring.

Ashley Fox arrived next, promptly took a blue card, and then asked a question about the phonograph. The question DELIGHTED Simon. “It is! I’m glad you asked. I found this a few summers ago on holiday with my wife in France. Well I was there on business but she insisted on looking at antiques so we did.” That was perhaps too much detail. He had, at least, left out the part where he was helping his mate do some Wizarding detective consulting work. “Do you have a preference on music selection, Miss Fox?

Scarlett Mordaunt arrived shortly after Ash and Simon watched her debate which coloured card that she should chose. He wore a smug smirk as he watched her choose. “Excellent choice, Miss Mordaunt,” he said, offering a smile. All the choices were excellent and each group would have a part to play later.

Simon offered Valentina Nichols a kind smile when she took her card. “Thank you, Miss Nichols. I hope you are well too.” He hoped this lesson would be far less dramatic than previous ones but maybe that would make it far too boring?

Miss Blaze joined next. “Hello Miss Blaze. How are you?” he said, offering her a smile. The vines were annoying indeed.

He would have been very intrigued by Violet Blackthorne’s thoughts regarding being tried and being seventeen. The world worked in mysterious ways. However, he would have assured her that she wouldn’t be on trial. “Miss Blackthorne. Hope you’re having a good day,” he nodded.

Simon went back to debating about re-shuffling his cards. He really hated waiting. He felt somewhat awkward. Fortunately, Gracelyn Abbot-Daniau arrived next. “Hello Miss Abbot-Daniau. Good day so far, I hope?” he offered as he watched her choose a red card.

He frowned as the older Miss James tripped over the pesky vines. “Im alright, Miss James. Are you? The pesky vines seem to be everywhere these days… Can’t get rid of them,” Simon said was he shook his head.

Hello Miss Grimm,” he nodded as he watched her take a red card. The teams today would be well balanced. That was good.

He turned his attention to the next student who was Florrie Charbonneau. He gave her a smile as she took her blue card. Then he returned her hey with a hey. “Hey. Welcome to class.

With that, he took a few steps towards the entrance of the courtclassroom and then peeked his head out the doorframe to see if anyone else was joining them today. If they did, they would be late at this point. Closing the door, he walked back over to the center of the room.

Welcome students! Now, before we dive into our topic, I wanted to answer some questions that came up. The first is if you needed to sit with other students that had similar cards. The answer is not yet but if you’d like to you can. We have a few things to cover in the textbook before getting into our activity.” He paused. “The second question was about who was on trial? It is a terrific question. No one here is on trial. We will be doing a trial simulation later in the lesson…

He pulled a chair into the centre of the courtroom and stood behind it, leaning both hands on the back of the chair. “I have attempted to transfigure the room to replicate the courtrooms in the Ministry of Magic. Please do mind our additional visitors. They were unexpected but they seem to be intent on visiting so please mind your step as you walk through the classroom.” He then moved the chalkboard that he had to the center so it was easier to see.

Safety hazard was addressed so now it was time to jump into the first topic. “I want to start our lesson today at a bird’s eye view and then narrow our scope finer and finer. We have the Ministry of Magic today but can anyone tell me about the Wizard’s Council.” Tapping the chalkboard with his wand, the questions he would ask the class next appeared. “Please answer one of the questions listed here. What is the Wizard’s Council? What was the purpose of the creation of this council? What did type of issues did they discuss? What actions did they provide? Who could someone become a member of the Wizard’s Council?

OOC: Welcome guys!! Once again, so SO excited to have you guys here I’m late on posting- sorry- down visiting my brother. But please answer one of Holden’s questions about the Wizarding Council or add a fun fact about it!

Also I APPRECIATE how everyone drew a different coloured card

Last edited by Watson; 10-23-2021 at 04:38 PM.