Thread: Owlery
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 04:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default A bajillion years later
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
"Oh, no, no problems, just a routine check-in," she said quickly. Norman didn't seem the gossipy type, but it wouldn't do to have any sort of rumor that the owls were unwell. As her fellow professor's owl flew across the room, Mia's face lit up. "Oh, she's beautiful!" she exclaimed in a whisper.

Patting the owl nearest her to let it know it was done for the day, she pulled a treat from her own pocket and approached Norman and Athena. "May I?" she asked, in reference to the treat. She didn't want to assume anything about the bird and definitely didn't want to get nipped.
Norman didn’t assume any problems when he’d asked about the owls; he was just trying to make conversation. And no, he was not the gossipy type, far from it. Even if he was, who would he tell? The only person he regularly talked to was his daughter, and he doubted Normandie would care about the owls at Hogwarts. “Good to know,” he replied with a slight nod.

So… Now what should he say? He really was not good with small talk! Luckily, Athena’s appearance rescued him. The bird fluffed up its feathers and drew itself up proudly at the compliment. Norman laughed softly. “She says thank you,” he said, and Athena gave a soft whoo in agreement. “Yes, I think she’d like that,” he said.

Norman doubted Athena would nip Mia. She only ever nipped him, and she only nipped at his hair and only when she wanted something. Just in case, he gave her a little pet on the head to keep her calm.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...