Thread: Pathways
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 10:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
MadAlice

Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Board of Governors View Post
"What about the students with pollen allergies?" One woman asked, standing a little too close to the Slytherin girl (Violet). She paused, scribbling something into her notes before looking to the professors who thought they had such brilliant ideas.

"We can't neglect the welfare of the students for the sake of aesthetics."
Ugh, Violet hated having her personal space (which was quite large) invaded, especially by a bureaucrat. But if this woman was going to stand so close, Violet felt it permissable to address her (I mean, it was pretty much an invitation, wasn't it). "Why, student allergies are all on record in the Infirmary, of course," she commented sweetly, "and I believe those students have been exempted from this activity. Which was voluntary, after all." Violet smiled sweetly, too (which would have been a warning to anyone who knew her), and made a few notes in her own notebook, which she'd pulled out of her pocket. She had no idea if student allergies were on record here, but then again, neither did this woman.

"By the way," she went on, "who was it who recommended sending that Healer Poppy here? I'm surprised her references checked out....Madam." Violet used to just keep her head down and stay out of trouble, but after the past few years, she felt that didn't really help in the long run so now she was going for the more direct approach.