Thread: Owlery
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 01:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Second Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post

Norman stood back, observing Mia’s interactions with the owls. If there was one thing he’d learned in life, it was that you could learn all you need to know about a person by observation. A slight smile formed on his lips as she spoke. “Kind of you to do so,” he replied. “No problems with the owls, I hope.” He glanced at the bird that Mia offered a treat. It didn’t look unhealthy from what he could see, but he wasn’t an expert in such matters.

He considered Mia’s question for a moment. “A little of both, actually,” he said. “I came to mail a letter to my daughter, but what’s the harm in visiting the owls while I’m here?” Aquamarine eyes flicked toward Athena on her perch, and as if on cue, the white-faced owl flew across the room to perch on his shoulder. “This is Athena,” he said, indicating the owl. To the owl, he whispered, “Say hi.”

But Athena had no interest in pleasantries. Instead she nipped at a lock of Norman’s hair as if to say, Treats! Now! Norman chuckled softly, reaching into his pocket for a handful of owl treats. “If you run out of treats for the owls, you’re welcome to use some of Athena’s,” he said. His eyes darted to the owl now greedily gobbling treats out of his hand, and he added, “if she doesn’t eat them all first!”
"Oh, no, no problems, just a routine check-in," she said quickly. Norman didn't seem the gossipy type, but it wouldn't do to have any sort of rumor that the owls were unwell. As her fellow professor's owl flew across the room, Mia's face lit up. "Oh, she's beautiful!" she exclaimed in a whisper.

Patting the owl nearest her to let it know it was done for the day, she pulled a treat from her own pocket and approached Norman and Athena. "May I?" she asked, in reference to the treat. She didn't want to assume anything about the bird and definitely didn't want to get nipped.