Thread: Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 01:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Ollie never really interacted with house-elves before. She assumed Ash didn’t connect the dots on that one. But she didn’t know that they weren’t mean. She just assumed all elves were mean. But she was glad to know (well not really know, but know from what Ash told her) that being cautious was alright. She just never wanted to get in trouble or get hurt.

She was unfamiliar with the work but thankfully Ash explained what it was about. Ollie never read Edgar Allen Poe’s stuff. He was always so dark; she truthfully found his stuff scary. The story that Ash was describing didn’t make him seem any less so. “No I hadn’t heard of it.” Then it hit Ollie. Was Ash saying that Ollie was like the guy in the story? The killer?! She totally wasn’t. But the more she thought about it, the more she realized she really was like him. The murder in the story is trying to convince the reader that his actions were justified… and Ollie was doing the same thing with the fight between her and her dad! When she thought about how she told the story she realized that even though her words said it wasn’t really her fault, her tone did. Ugh, now Ash probably thinks bad about her. Good going, Ollie.

But Ash kept talking to her even though she could have ended their conversation, so maybe she was making all that up in her head. “I was going to cook… maybe Pasta?”

In fact, Ollie had interpreted Ash’s words in the way they were intended, minus the part about being a terrible person. She was really just pointing out that Ollie was really failing to convince her that everything was fine. It wasn’t her fault or whatever. She was just... trying to make sense out of something that didn’t make sense. Everyone did that. Megan Olivia did it. Ash did it. Brandon did it. The only people who didn’t seem to do that were Dustin and Alex. She didn’t know how they managed it. The point was, Ollie should listen to the words coming out of her own mouth because they were super unconvincing and raised big red flags.

“I think the pasta is over there. I can help you, if you want.” With the pasta. But Ash looked at Ollie with obvious concern, which was not exactly a normal thing that one would do while offering to help with pasta. She took a bite of food, still looking very worried.