Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 07:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lady of Light
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
That would have made him much more relieved to know that, as his upbringing had always been about courtesy and respect and he really attempted to consider other peoples feelings. Even when he, himself, was not good at feelings. "Oh, okay!" So it sounded like she didn't have a preference, in which case he probably would shorten to Val as well given it was much easier to say. "I can understand that. People usually prefer to shorten names. That's the benefit of already having a short one, I suppose." Sometimes people just called him 'Nam' too, but there were two other of those within the school so that could easily get confused.

"That makes sense. What do you usually transform the room too? A dance studio or a performance stage?" Were he to trust using the room, he wondered what he'd actually want to transform it to himself. Maybe his family's home in Korea? Or Chase's dance studio? Though he supposed both of those options would also just make him feel homesick for his family. "Did you go boating or anything at the beach too or just soak up some sun?" Beach visits were the best part of summer, and he usually found himself curling up in the sand with a book. And depending on if his sister's were there too, he'd also help put together sandcastles.
"Most people do, yeah. Yours is super short.. which is pretty cool, I think." Val finally looked around the inside of the dome a bit. It was a little cosy, wasn't it? Not a bad place to practice but there were far too many chairs around. She tucked her blonde hair behind the ears as her gaze shifted towards the kitten again. "What's her name?" Unless it was a boy.

"A dance studio!" Baylen's dance studio, to be more specific. It felt more comfortable somehow. Plus, it was big so there was plenty of room for her to move about. "But I guess I should give performance stage a go sometime too. Do you go up to the room of requirement often?" Val asked curiously. "Oh to just soak up the sun mostly! We played some volleyball too." Which had been super fun. The best part of beach visits though? Eating lots and lots of ice cream! Not that she didn't have it otherwise but there was something about sitting under the sun with a mint chocolate chip ice cream. YUM.