Thread: Portfolio: a pinch of salt
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #131 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
I am absolutely living for your Sketchtember pieces!! Your art style is just You're making me want to get my sketchbook out, lol.
I have a style

For sure it comes from a lot of mimickery. I can rarely get through a whole piece without some sort of a reference to go on (maybe one day!) and watching youtubers draw has taught me so much...like I never thought about breaking things down into their basic shapes and going from there. Also guidelines for proportions and the like...just...things that should be common sense but me, a silly goose, not doing it. I used to just...go straight for the end product, but it just does not work that way

Sketchtember "Prince"

click for larger view

inspiration SSRPG character Sachiko Shiradou-Morrison and once was Black (sweetpinkpixie)
materials Ohuhu brush tip markers, copic fine inking pens 0.3

So...Sachiko. High fashion model located in Paris who is incredibly high strung, selfish, and pretty much emotionally closed off. Once divorced and a true empress at self sabotage when it comes to any and all of her relationships, it is crazy to look back at the little girl she was when I first started playing her. Born in the Leaky Cauldron (her dad was my shopkeeper character and somewhere in the archives there are posts of him running through the streets yelling about his girlfriend Harley (then assistant at the Leaky and played by pundantic) going into labor. As a little girl, she loved pink and dreamed of all the ways her life could unfold like a fairy tale. She would dress up her dad's pathetic looking white cat to look like the Beast and the family dalmation would turn into a handsome steed with a prince riding on his back. She was a super girly girl, but she also liked catching frogs and getting muddy in the process. She was the sort of little girl to find a frog and give it a kiss just to see if it would turn into a prince. She is also in the Diagon Alley archives doing just that at a festival at some point in her pre school age days.

And then...the fairy tale came to an end and she stopped believing in romance and true love's kiss. Jaded, petty, and toxic, Sachiko is ...

I am very pleased with how the little frog turned out as well as her profile. I usually only draw my chibi's head on or with a slight tilt of the head, so it was a little lsdkfjslfjs doing so in profile and getting that little pucker to work. But I am the biggest fan of the frog and his little crown The Ohuhu skin tones set is truly amazing and I love how they blend (there are three shades use for her skin).

And with that...page two of my sketchbook for this challenge is complete:

click for larger view

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote